If you love pristine white sand beaches, warm weather, luxury resorts, award-winning dining, and amusement theme parks, Florida is for you. There is no shortage of romantic places in Florida as the Sunshine State has an abundance of sun, cozy romantic resorts with spas, honeymoon cabins, romantic restaurants, great natural Florida springs, and many more.
Here are some of the best romantic getaways in Florida where couples can relax, enjoy a peaceful weekend and reconnect with each other in a romantic setting, surrounded by stunning beaches and shimmering sunsets.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy something through one of those links, you won’t pay any extra penny, but I’ll get a small commission that encourages me to deliver more helpful content for you.
Best Time for Romantic Florida Getaways for Couples
Florida is also known as the Sunshine State of the country. So, you can assume that it gets sunlight throughout the year. Tourists come to visit Florida from all over the world to enjoy its year-round idyllic temperature, fantastic theme parks, and gorgeous beaches. And yes, there are some nude beaches too in Florida and these beaches are great to relax if you both are open-minded.
Winter and spring months(December to April) are the best time to be in Florida. Be aware that public holidays and long weekends during this time draw huge crowds to the theme parks and beaches. Be sure to book your flight tickets and accommodations much further in advance to avoid disappointment. Summer in Florida is usually hot and humid.
#1 Key West: Romantic Getaways in Florida
A visit to Key West is just what the love doctor prescribes. The warm weather, pleasant breeze, mesmerizing beach, and delightful sunset create a perfect setting to enjoy a romantic vacation in Florida for couples far from the busy life.
Located at the southernmost point of the Sunshine State, Key West is one of the most romantic weekend getaways in Florida Keys that offers a vibrant nightlife, exotic islands and beaches, eclectic cuisine, and a wide range of couple activities.
Romantic Things to do in Key West
- Key West is incomplete without boating and sailing. Couples can rent a sailboat or choose a group tour and explore the waters.
- The sunsets in Key West are really magical. It feels more romantic when you enjoy it with your sweetheart while sipping a tropical drink.
- Check out the iconic Key West Lighthouse, one of the most beautiful lighthouses in Florida. Visitors can climb up the 88 steps of the tower and enjoy the breathtaking views of the city and the ocean from the top.
- Key West is also famous for its colorful coral reef. Reserve a spot for a snorkeling or scuba diving tour and enjoy a unique experience of visiting coral reefs and other sea creatures.
- For a full-day adventure, book a tour to Dry Tortugas which is accessible only by seaplane. Discover this remote island, the ruins of Fort Jefferson, and other adventure activities.
- If you love camping with your families, here is our sorted list of the best places for camping in the Florida Keys.
Best Time to Visit Key West for a Honeymoon
The Winter season is the busiest time in Key West. But if you are looking for a less crowded honeymoon getaway, March through May is the best time to visit Key West when the winter crowds disappear, the hotel rooms become reasonable and the weather is still pleasant.
Honeymoon Resorts in Key West
Located in the old town area of Key West, Opal Key Resort & Marina is a luxurious waterfront hotel that features an outdoor heated pool and hot tub. With an Old Florida vibe, You can feel the salty ocean breeze from the balcony of your room with an old Florida vibe. Swim in the outdoor heated pool or have a romantic dinner with freshly caught seafood.
#2 Sanibel Island
Sanibel Island is such a romantic place where couples love to create memories that will last a lifetime. It is a couple’s heaven, surrounded by white sand beaches. This beautiful barrier reef island in the Gulf of Mexico has a rich history with pirates, Calusa Indians, and Spanish adventurers.
Sanibel Island offers moments of romance and intimacy for couples through its wide range of unique restaurants, shops, and wedding venues. Moreover, it’s a quiet serene place and creates an ideal romantic ambiance for lovebirds to spend quality time. The sand of this island is very spectacular.
Romantic Things to do in Sanibel Island
- Just relax on the beach or walk along the shore with your partner hand-in-hand. Take a deep breath and feel the calmness of the beach.
- Sanibel Island and Fort Myers are famous for colorful seashells. Collecting seashell with your better half could be very romantic.
- Sanibel Island is very close to nature. Couples love to visit J.N. “Ding” Darling National Wildlife Refuge that features a variety of natural wildlife amidst mangroves, lakes, and mashes. This is a perfect place to take some amazing couple pictures.
- Don’t miss the sunset on the beaches of Sanibel Island and Fort Myers. Bowman’s Beach and Sanibel Lighthouse Beach are two popular sunset spots that we recommend.
- Celebrate Christmas in Captiva Holiday Village, and make some memories with gorgeously decorated palm trees, boat parades and many more. Read more about Christmas getaways in Florida.
- Shopaholic couples must visit Shop on Sanibel for some amazing shops and restaurants.
- The Butterfly Estates is a great place to enjoy nature and to see various types of colorful butterflies.
Best Time to Visit Sanibel Island for a Honeymoon
December to April the best months to get the idyllic weather. This is the time when most tourists visit Sanibel Island. If you plan to collect the best shells, plan your journey in October-November.
Honeymoon Resorts in Sanibel Island
Sundial Beach Resort & Spa is an excellent choice for couples looking for romantic accommodation in Sanibel Island. It just steps from the beach and the Gulf of Mexico. You can enjoy the cool ocean breeze and the sounds of the surf from your room. This beach resort offers a heated pool, free bike rentals, Wi-Fi, and all the helpful amenities.
#3 Clearwater Beach
Clearwater is one of the fastest-growing cities in Florida. With a combination of great weather, picturesque beaches, and plenty of adventures, Clearwater is a popular honeymoon destination in Florida. Located just 45 from Tampa International Airport, this Florida beach town sits on the barrier island and offers a variety of shopping, fine dining, water activities, and plenty of attractions to enjoy.
Romantic Things to do in Clearwater Beach
- From Clearwater Beach Municipal Marina, Couples can charter a private boat tour or book a sightseeing cruise, or dolphin adventures.
- Looking for something more adventurous? You can choose either a paddleboard tour or a kayak tour and get a chance to be close to nature and wildlife.
- Surprise your loved one by booking a table for a romantic dinner at Caretta on the Gulf. It’s a cozy restaurant and nicely decorated with a beautiful ambiance.
- Take a romantic boat ride in Lake Tarpon, a popular lake in Florida located just 30 minutes from Clearwater beach.
Best Time to Visit Clearwater Beach for a Honeymoon
October to January are the best months to visit Clearwater beach for couples. During this time, you will find low humidity, fewer tourists, and pleasant weather.
Honeymoon Resorts in Clearwater Beach
We are huge fans of Hilton Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa. This beachfront hotel is within 5 minutes walk of Pier 60. The hotel overlooks a private beach. Couples can relax by the pool or enjoy some romantic moments at the on-site tiki bar that serves various types of tropical cocktails.
If you are looking for truly unique date ideas in Florida, Miami should be on the upper side of the list. Known for its turquoise water, white sandy beaches, wild nightlife, Cuban community, and international food scene, Miami is one of the most romantic weekend getaways in Florida. Surprisingly, you will find here plenty of free things to do in Miami.
Although Miami is widely popular for its cultural heritage and party atmosphere, it has a romantic side too. Miami has some of the best Florida beaches for couples. You must visit Miami to experience the best couple getaways in Florida. The most romantic places of this Magic City include idyllic estates in Italian Renaissance gardens and the lush mangrove forests that can provide couples with intimate moments among the serenity of nature.
Romantic Things to do in Miami
- You can’t visit Miami without exploring Miami Beach. Spend some relaxing time on the beach or just walk along the boardwalk in Miami Beach. South Beach could be a perfect place for people looking for a romantic getaway in Florida for couples.
- For a romantic sunset, book a Sunset Cruise through Biscayne Bay and South Beach.
- Couples can rent bikes from bicycle rental shops and explore this romantic Florida city together. The South Beach area has the perfect terrain for bike riding.
- Foodie couples can indulge themselves in some authentic Cuban food and culture tours in Little Havana. It is a great opportunity to learn Cuban culture.
- Check out South Pointe Park Pier that offers some of the best panoramic views of the ocean with the city skyline as a backdrop.
- Book a cooking class and get hands-on experience together on a new cooking skill. It’s fun as well as romantic.
If you want to escape the busy city life of Miami, check out these less crowded magical hidden gems in Miami.
Best Time to Visit Miami for a Honeymoon
Miami remains very crowded during peak season(November to February). The best time to visit Miami for a romantic vacation is the spring season(mid-February to May) when the weather is warm but not humid with fewer crowds.
Honeymoon Resorts in Miami
If romance means impeccable service Acqualina Resort and Residences is a perfect match. This 5-star luxury resort is located on the quiet beaches of Sunny Isles. This oceanfront resort offers a breathtaking view of the Atlantic Ocean.
The resort features gourmet dining options, spa treatments and modern guestrooms, furnished private balconies, and modern amenities. The resort can also create an intimate candlelit dining experience on the beach for couples.
For a romantic cabin getaway in Miami, Florida, you can check out Urban Farm Cabin. It is a cozy cabin that has a farm full of chickens, emus, goats, and bees.
Don’t forget to bring back some amazing souvenirs from Miami to keep your romantic vacation memorable.
#5 Destin: Romantic Florida Getaways
Destin could be the next destination for couples who are looking for a romantic beach getaway in Florida. This Florida beach town boasts white sand beaches and blue turquoise water making it a perfect beach town to live in Florida. Destin has its own charm and offers visitors optimal weather conditions year-round and several sightseeing excursions.
Among many other things, Destin is well known for its romantic bed and breakfast, Henderson Park Inn. Book a weekend at the lovely bed and breakfast and enjoy a boxed lunch of your choice for a beachside picnic-style afternoon.
Take one of the many bicycles the bed and breakfast offers and ride through the pleasant neighborhood or along a scenic beach road. With the beautiful crystal beaches, you will want to participate in many water sports, like parasailing and cruising on a glass-bottom boat tour.
Romantic Things to do in Destin
- Bring some towels and enjoy a laid-back vacation with your partner on the sugar-white sands of a Destin beach. Or just walk along the beach and collect seashells.
- Book a helicopter tour from Timberview Choppers for a bird’s eye view of this beautiful city and the gulf. It offers some of the best views of Destin Harbor, Okaloosa Island, Panama City, and other marvelous spots.
- Take your sweetie on a romantic sunset cruise to visit the Emerald Coast. Enjoy the serene natural beauty of Destin Harbor, Choctawhatchee Bay, and Crab Island at sunset.
- Enjoy a romantic date at Marina Cafe, a great restaurant overlooking the Harbor. To make your date memorable, they have a candle-night dinner option too.
Best Time to Visit Destin for a Honeymoon
April and May is the best time to visit Destin. During this time, the water is warm and the temperature and crowd are moderate.
Honeymoon Resorts in Destin
Couples will be spellbound when they check-in Hampton Inn & Suites Destin. Guests can enjoy a partial gulf view from their room. The resort features an outdoor pool, complimentary breakfast, and free WiFi.
#6 Santa Rosa Beach
Looking for anniversary getaways in Florida? Located in South Walton County, Santa Rosa is a popular romantic getaway in north Florida that offers lots of activities and attractions ideal for couples. With 26 miles of white, sugary sand and excellent turquoise waters, Santa Rosa Beach is one of the most beautiful beaches in Florida for couples.
If you are romantic and looking for a romantic stay for a honeymoon in Florida, you must visit Santa Rosa. The city is brimming with local art galleries, great dining, brewery, state parks, and many more.
Romantic Things to do in Santa Rosa Beach
- Turquoise water and sugar-white shoreline are perfect for beachcomber. From swimming to paddle boarding and kayaking, couples will find plenty of ways to have fun together.
- Sip on a refreshing drink and explore the town on Emerald Coast Pedal Tour.
- Coastal dune Lake is a must-visit thing in Santa Rosa Beach. This is one of the few places around the world where you can see this natural phenomenon.
- Indulge in the couple’s spa. Rejuvenate your soul and body by a soothing massage or body treatment on your romantic Florida getaway.
- Dine at a world-class in Santa Rosa Beach. Goatfeathers Seafood Restaurant and La Crema Tapas Bar both are very popular here and offer different types of mouthwatering seafood and continental dishes.
Best Time to Visit Santa Rosa Beach for a Honeymoon
April to June is often considered the best time to visit Santa Rosa Beach. People looking for a romantic getaway in Florida on a budget can visit Santa Rosa in November as you will find plenty of cheap hotel deals during this month.
Honeymoon Resorts in Santa Rosa Beach
Watercolor Inn is an excellent romantic getaway in Santa Rosa, Florida for couples. The resort has romantic beach-facing rooms including all modern amenities. Guests can enjoy complimentary use of bicycles, and kayaks to explore the unique coastal dune lake and the lush trails. Get a couple’s massage and body treatment at the Watercolor InnSpa before you retire to a day on this pristine beach.
#7 Honeymoon Island, Dunedin
Looking for a romantic vacation in Florida on a budget? Well, if your better half loves to explore pristine white sand beaches and outdoor recreation, nothing can be more romantic than spending a romantic weekend in Honeymoon Island State Park located at the end of the Dunedin Causeway.
Even many people from other states like New York and Texas are moving to Florida for its stunning scenic view. But you should remember there are some downsides too. Here you can read why I regret moving to Florida.
Romantic Things to do in Honeymoon Island
- Couples will be amazed by the blue turquoise water of this island. You can bring your pet along with you. It is a popular dog-friendly beach in Florida where you can enjoy your date with your pet too.
- Rent a kayak and explore the inlets and mangrove waterways around Honeymoon Island. Lucky couples might see dolphins chasing their prey.
- Book a luxurious beachfront private dinner for two to experience a unique anniversary getaway in Florida. Enjoy a gourmet multi-course meal on the beach with a bottle of champagne.
- Hike the Osprey Trail and get lost in nature with your partner while observing wildlife like armadillos, tortoises, osprey, egrets, and blue herons.
- Enjoy a romantic evening in North Beach and watch the spectacular sunset together.
- Take a ferry to Caladesi Island State Park and discover its uncrowded less rocky beaches and turquoise waters.
Best Time to Visit Honeymoon Island for a Honeymoon
Spring is the best season to visit Honeymoon Island State Park for couples and honeymooners looking for cheap romantic getaways in Florida.
Romantic Resorts in Honeymoon Island
Stay in Wyndham Grand Clearwater Beach for a romantic getaway on Honeymoon Island. This romantic Florida hotel is a couple’s paradise for its fantastic balcony, refreshing ocean breeze, outdoor pool, and spa center.
#8 Palm Beach
Located just behind Orlando, Palm Beach is a perfect Florida destination for couples to spend a romantic trip in the Sunshine State. With an abundance of beaches, upscale hotels and restaurants, and romantic activities, Palm Beach won’t disappoint the honeymooners planning a romantic getaway in South Florida. Rather couples can create some romantic moments that they can cherish throughout their life.
Romantic Things to do in Palm Beach
- During your romantic getaway in Palm Beach, treat your special one to a special spa day at Kaffee’s Garden Spa. Select the special spa package and enjoy two hours of pure bliss in a rejuvenating atmosphere.
- It doesn’t get more romantic than watching the phenomenal sunset views of the Intracoastal Waterway from the deck of the Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse.
- Your romantic getaway in Palm Beach would be incomplete without an intimate dinner at Table 427. They serve the city’s best Mexican cuisine.
- It is a great place for adventure-loving couples. From paddleboarding, kayaking to snorkeling and scuba diving, you will find plenty of outdoor activities in the Palm Beach area.
Best Time to Visit Palm Beach for a Honeymoon
Late spring (April to May) and the early fall (September to October) are the best time to visit Palm Beach. You will be greeted by the pleasant temperatures that fluctuate between the mid-60s and high 80s.
Honeymoon Resorts in Palm Beach
The Breakers Palm Beach is a beautiful getaway spot for couples on a romantic Palm Beach vacation. This luxury hotel has a collection of oceanfront rooms. The best on-site amenities are the four oceanfront pools, 2 championship golf courses, and an indoor-outdoor spa. There are several dining options in the hotel that offer everything from fine dining to cocktails and desserts.
#9 Amelia Island
If you want a peaceful and affordable romantic getaway in Florida, Amelia Island is the place for you. The East Coast barrier island has 13 miles long sandy beaches, beautiful resorts, and a spa to enjoy with your loved one. But there is more for lovely couples in Honeymoon Island than just beachcombing and tasting various seafood items.
The unspoiled beach of Amelia Island is one of the few places in Florida where couples can enjoy romantic horseback riding on the golden sands during sunrise.
Romantic Things to do in Amelia Island
- A romantic stroll along the beach with your sweetie hand in hand is a perfect way to spend quality time together. Bonus: you can find nice shells on the beach.
- Explore the scenic coastal paths and winding mountain trails on two wheels together.
- Amelia River Cruises is highly recommended to watch the beautiful sunset, the coastal scenery, and wildlife.
- Pamper yourselves by booking a couple’s spa package. The Ritz-Carlton Spa offers outstanding service with its indoor whirlpool, salt base spa pool, sauna, and showers.
- Explore the historic Downtown Fernandina Beach which boasts historic buildings, restaurants, shops, and art galleries.
Best Time to Visit Amelia Island for a Honeymoon
For a romantic getaway in Amelia Island, the ideal time is during spring (May to June) and fall (September to October), when the weather is charming, and the crowds are less.
Honeymoon Resorts in Amelia Island
Located on the island’s 13 miles of coastline, The Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island offers a welcome barrier between you and the world with southern hospitality. This fantastic beach resort promotes extreme relaxation in a luxurious setting. You can enjoy ocean views from your private balcony and delicious meal from their award-winning Salt restaurant.
#10 Lover’s Key State Park, Fort Myers
Choosing Lover’s Key State Park as your next romantic Florida getaway could be an excellent idea. Located just south of Fort Myers Beach, Lover’s Key State Park is a well-known destination for couples looking for a honeymoon destination in Florida.
This adventurous park consists of four barrier islands, canals, and tidal lagoons and has plenty of spaces to relax on the beach. This is a great place to find wildlife including dolphins, manatees, and birds.
Romantic Things to do in Lover’s Key State Park
- Lovebirds can enjoy swimming in the Gulf of Mexico or grab a picnic basket and some towels for a private picnic in the sand.
- Lover’s Key State Park is a hidden gem in southwest Florida where you can see incredible wildlife that includes dolphins, manatees, egrets, ospreys, and even bald eagles.
- It is popular for outdoor activities. Take your sweetheart for a standup paddleboard tour or kayak tour and explore the mangroves.
- Hike the Black Island Trail and Eagle Trail that offer spectacular views into secluded mangroves and estuaries. You might see some endangered species such as Bald Eagles, West Indian Manatees, the American Alligator.
Best Time to Visit Lover’s Key State Park for a Honeymoon
March through May are the ideal months to plan a getaway in Lover’s Key State Park. The weather is perfect, the water is warm and the beaches are less crowded during this time.
Honeymoon Resorts in Lover’s Key State Park
Couples love staying at Lover’s Key Resort which features an outdoor pool and an on-site restaurant. Situated on a small island, this beach resort offers magical water views, gracious amenities, top-notch service, and spacious accommodations for romantic getaways.