The magical kingdom of Florida is known for its turquoise water, tall palm trees lining the beach, idyllic wonderland of theme parks, Disney World, and so on.
The sunshine on the beaches, camping in the Florida Keys, and snorkeling with manatees at Three Sister Spring can make your winter vacation in Florida the most memorable.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy something through one of those links, you won’t pay any extra penny, but I’ll get a small commission that encourages me to deliver more helpful content for you.
Moreover, to make things more interesting this New Year, I want to take you to the places to visit in Florida in February that is just an antidote to your lost romance.
Florida in February is so beautiful, offering a diverse range of great travel spots to explore, horse riding, golf courses, and trying authentic food all at affordable prices.
So, take a break from your timetable and let’s explore the best places to visit in Florida in February.
Weather in Florida in February
The “Sunshine State” in the south-eastern United States, close to the Tropic of Cancer means bye to winter coats and winter gloves.
However, Florida sits on a peninsula, the meeting point of the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Ocean. Therefore, comparatively the climate is more tropical in the south than north.
The weather in Florida in February witnessed no rainfall and cooler temperature than over the summer. The humidity level will be low, making your skin dry if not moisturized.
You can witness subtropical to tropical climates depending on the place you are traveling. So, prepare yourself for no dreamy snowfalls in Florida in February!
For example, in Miami, the day temperature is around 24 degree Celsius and 16 degree Celsius at night. The sea temperature is also around 23 – 24 degrees.
On the other hand, from Central Florida to the Panhandle, the day temperature is around 20 degree Celsius and 18 degree Celsius at night.
- Weather in Florida in February is accompanied by dense foggy mornings that can run till 10 am to clear out.
- Also, due to global warming and pollution, temperature these days in Florida varies depending on the year.
- The temperature also depends on how cold the early winter was. You just need one light layer in Florida in February. That’s it!
Best Places to Visit in Florida in February
1. West Palm Beach
If you want to soak yourself in the shades of palm trees on the beaches, under the clear blue sky, and enjoy the scenic waterfront then West Palm Beach is the best place in Florida to visit in February.
The sunny skies filled with high adrenaline rushed adventurous activities, cultural attractions, antique shopping centers, amazing Instagram-worthy cafes, and open green spaces – West Palm Beach cannot be missed.
Its proximity to the Atlantic Coast offers you a relaxed beach vibe with eccentric entertainment options, golf courses, historical landmarks, dog-friendly parks, and nightclubs. West Palm Beach is indeed one of the hidden gems in Florida.
Things to do in West Palm Beach
- Go hiking or come to the untouched beaches at John D. MacArthur Beach State Park
- Boca Raton, Juno Beach, and Delray Beach are the hidden gem near West Palm Beach
- Go shopping at Clematis Street and taste handcrafted cocktails at Sourbon Kitchen
- Book a free trolley ride at The Square
- Art tour at The Norton Museum of Art
- Enjoy the bohemian vibe and artistic gem at Northwood Village
- Come to Peanut Island for riding bikes on bike-friendly trails
2. Daytona Beach
Daytona Beach with its colorful history, world-class cultural amenities, Valentine’s Day special offers, and the most famous Daytona 500 sports makes it one of the ideal family vacations in Florida in February.
You will witness crazy crowds and tourists coming from all over the world to witness Daytona 500, the most prestigious NASCAR race. This iconic city has some cool beaches to lie down and soak in the positive yellow energy and chill out at night.
Daytona Beach is best suited for Golf lovers, beach bummers, and travelers. The Stetson Mansion, the Ponce de Leon Inlet Lighthouse, The Cici and Hyatt Brown Museum of Art, and Broadwalk lights are something that always makes it the best.
Things to do in Daytona Beach
- The 23 miles distinctive beach of Daytona is perfect for families as it is also home to 10 beautiful parks.
- Shop at Ocean Walk Village and upgrade your culinary experiences to a different level at “Broadwalk”.
- Enjoy the waterfront attractions and some ocean air at Daytona Beach Pier
- Take part in the Seven Seas Food Festival which starts from the 5th of February to the 9th of May
- In February several festivals are happening in Daytona like – Florida State Fair, Lake Worth Street Painting Festivals, and Universal Orlando Mardi Gras
- Enjoy a Friday night concert at the Bandshell
3. Cape Canaveral
Cape Canaveral is the most offbeat Florida getaway in February that is combined with a soothing Atlantic Sea breeze and scientific exploration. Also, with the influence of NASA, museums, and live shuttle launches, is the dream spot for travelers.
Not only is Cape Canaveral limited to scientific findings but its beaches, particularly Playalinda Beach are famous for kayaking with manatees. Kennedy Space Center, the quintessential Ron Jon Surf Shop, and restaurants are so encouraging.
The gentle breeze and welcoming ticket from The Visitor Centre to guests is a great chance to enhance knowledge. You learn more about topics like space travel, history, and the life of astronauts that you never dreamt to know before.
Things to do in Cape Canaveral
- Take a cruise journey with Disney or Royal Caribbean
- Evening visit at Cape Canaveral Lighthouse, a 150 feet tower on the shore of the giant Atlantic. Check out other popular Florida lighthouses.
- How can you not bring your child to Kennedy Space Centre
- Gather significant information from Air Force Space and Missile History Center
- Come to this stunning romantic place, Canaveral National Seashore to swim, relax, and tan
- A glass of lemonade with freshly baked croissants and macchiato at Café Monte Carlo
Jacksonville is an affordable coastal town and an ideal spot for a Florida vacation in February. The “River City by the Sea” is also a romantic destination for couples who love beaches, sun, and palm trees.
The beautiful river is perfect for surfing, snorkeling, or strolling around the streets of Jacksonville enjoying the February air. Moreover, here you can enjoy the little cold in the air as the temperature is around 16-18 degree Celsius.
The urban park system in Jacksonville and the Five Point neighborhood are my favorite spots to hang out. Also, Friendship Fountain which was built in the 1960s is the iconic and tallest fountain to witness Jacksonville.
Things to do in Jacksonville
- Have some outdoor fun at Kathryn Abbey Hanna park
- Enjoy the adrenaline rush at 13th Floor Haunted House
- Enjoy hours of fun at Adventure Landing Jacksonville Beach
- Blossom your mind and body at the Tree Hill Nature Centre, a small simple park where the annual Butterfly Festival is celebrated
- Participate at the World of Nations Celebration, the cultural festival of Jacksonville.
5. Key West
Key West is one of the best places to visit in Florida in February because here you can experience a refreshing ocean breeze and low humidity. There is no sound of honking and hustle and bustle in the background. Just you and complete peace!
This Florida beach town is my favorite winter getaway. It offers me the exact laid-back vibe and winter blues I desire for my vacation. I love to attend their Old Island Days Art Festival which exhibits the arts of talented artists of Key West.
Each February in Fort Zachary Taylor Historic State Park in Key West they celebrate a three day festival honoring the island’s role in the Civil War. Also, if you are a music fan like me, come to Truman Waterfront Park Amphitheatre at Mile 0 Fest.
Things to do in Key West:
- Learn more about Spanish-American War at Fort Zachary Taylor
- Snorkel with your partner along with living coral reefs, angelfish, and sea turtles at Keys!
- Book a 2-hour sunset sail to witness Key West from far during sunset
- To swing, play, and jump around, come to one of the vibrant playhouses in Key West
- Go for a day trip to Dry Tortugas National Park by a catamaran from Key West
For an adrenaline-fueled ski winter vacation in Florida, Orlando will be your favorite destination. It is also called the “Theme Park Capital of the World”. Just know that Orland attracts 51 million tourists every year.
Universal Studios, Gator Park, Walt Disney World, Island of Adventure, Water Park, SeaWorld, and Epcot Center are the hotspot attraction spots in Orlando. If you are traveling with your child no other place can be better than Orlando.
Also, I think you do not want to miss my favorite movie-themed roller coaster rides. Don’t think of your age, you will always find a friend here. The Mardi Gras festival and live concerts in February draw a lot of tourists.
Things to do in Orlando:
- Meet the wax figure of your famous personalities, athletes, and film stars at Madame Tussauds
- For a thrill-seeking experience of indoor skydiving come to iFLY Orlando
- Brush up your “Sherlock Holmes wit” at the Escape room and spend some unforgettable hours
- Swim with gentle and docile manatees at Crystal River. Visit Weeki Wachee Spring State Park, a picturesque natural spring located near Orlando.
- You can also go for a day trip from Orlando to Daytona Beach and Blue Springs State Park.
If you’re planning to explore Orlando on a budget, check out these free things and activities in Orlando.
7. Panama City Beach
If you are hoping to enjoy a bit of cold and wind in February then Panama City Beach is the best beach in north Florida. The average temperature is around 20 degree Celsius and you get a chance to enjoy the best aromatherapy steam treatment here.
However, swimming can be a little tough in Panama in February but this is an ideal time to play and be involved in recreational activities. Do not forget to bring your layers to get beautiful cold snaps.
Things to do in Panama City Beach:
- Attend the huge party at Pier Park called Mardi Gras
- Panama Country Club, Signal Hill Golf Course, Nature Walk Golf Course, and The Holiday Golf are waiting for you to teach golf
Warmest Beaches in Florida in February
White sandy beaches and the vibrant nightlife of Miami are something you will never get access to anywhere. It is not only gifted with stunning beaches but one of the warmest beaches in Florida in February with a temperature of around 22 degrees Celsius.
Events like NBA games, Art Fest, and many other small parties are always happening between January and February in Miami. Also, Santa’s Enchanted Forest in February offers tons of fun activities to perform.
You can also check out these Florida Christmas vacation ideas.
Things to do in Miami:
- Attend Imagine Dragons, Bjork, The Jacksons, Elton John, ABBA Mania, Tool, or Deep Purple concerts in Miami in February
- Ice hockey or Florida Panther is a must
- Hop-on-hop-off bus tours are a good way to save money and explore the town and its unique architecture
- For all the runners there is a marathon in Downtown Miami. You can also be a free spectator, as you wish!
- If you have $100 or less then attend the Grand Tasting Villa, Burger Bash, or Best of the best festival.
- Fans of motorsports attend NASCAR Events.
If you want to escape the crowds in Miami, discover the hidden gems of Miami and enjoy a peaceful vacation with your family.
9. Cocoa Beach
If you have the vision to spend vacation floating in the warmest places in Florida in January then head to the most desirable place called Cocoa Beach. There is a famous saying – “We’ll see your Old Saint Nick and raise you a Surfing Santa”.
In the modern age, it’s so rare to find a place that has a laid-back vibe, soft subtropical breezes, and soothing waves to dip your feet into. Also, watching gorgeous sunrises and sunsets, and surfers surfing on Cocoa Beach are so thrilling.
Things to do in Cocoa Beach:
- Enrich your culinary experiences at Grant Seafood Festival
- Attend Cocoa Village Mardi Gras Party & Parade
- In January, there is the O’Neil Sebastian Inlet Pro Surfing Festival. Try not to miss that
- Come to the downtown core of Cocoa Village to experience the heritage ambiance around you
- Enjoy the surrounding 22 acres of trails of the Brevard Museum of History and Natural Science
10. Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale with its perfect water temperature, soft sands, historic tours, flamingos, and dry weather makes an ideal destination for people to explore. This “Venice of America” is the popular spot for a Florida beach vacation in February.
Fort Lauderdale has 23 miles of coastline that is ideal for swimming, water skiing, or just lying down. I often prefer coming at night and counting the stars. The sky looks so gorgeous. From here you can go to Las Olas Beach, another gorgeous destination.
Things to do in Fort Lauderdale:
- Celebration of the annual Publix A1A Marathon
- The runway fashion show is known as the Pride Fort Lauderdale celebration
- Participate in the food event known as SOBEWFF’s Crave Greater Fort Lauderdale.
11. Fort Pierce
The month of February is the sweet spot opportunity to visit Fort Pierce. During this time, hotels, airfare, food, and transportation are so affordable for a traveler.
Catching a sunrise from the beach or going for a dolphin watch boat tour, or strolling on the main street seems so dramatic in the February weather. These small little things in Fort Pierce fill your heart and itinerary full of memories.
Things to do in Fort Pierce:
- Enjoy the longest-running street party of Fort Pierce called February Friday Fest.
- Come to America’s favorite farmer market in the Downtown
Top February Festivals/Events in Florida
Festivals and events are something that keeps everyone engaged, happy, and in their merry state of mind. The top February festivals in Florida are no different, it is popular among the world for their unique qualities and services.
Here is the list of the funkiest festivals in Florida in February –
- Artfest Fort Myers is a free festival at Fort Myers
- Mount Dora Arts Festival, is a free art, food, and entertainment festival at Mount Dora
- Florida State Fair in Tampa
- A music performance called South Florida Garlic Fest in Wellington
- A musical festival called Scottish Highland Festival at Donnelly Park in Mount Dora
- Celebrate Everglades Seafood Festival with food, county music, and carnival rides at Everglades City
- Enjoy at ArtiGras Fine Arts Festival in Jupiter
- A huge fair called Coconut Grove Arts Festival was celebrated in Miami on
- Come to Cortez, a beautiful fishing village where you celebrate the Cortez Commercial Fishing Festival
- Celebrate Navarre Beach Mardi Gras Parade at Navarre Beach
- Take part in the number one ranked festival of Florida at Naples called as Naples National Art Festival
- Take part in the Armadillo race or be a spectator at the Swamp Cabbage Festival at La Belle.
Once you are here in Florida in February, make sure to check out all the places I have mentioned to get an incredible experience in your travel bag.
This blog on the best places to visit in Florida in February is not just regular information but rather offers you authentic information on live things going on.
Just keep your eyes open, head straight and open arms – to feel the cool breeze of Florida in February.
FAQ – Florida in February
1. Which side of Florida is warmer in February?
A: The south part of Florida which includes Miami, West Palm Beach, and The Florida Keys are warmer in February.
2. Is February a good month to go to Florida?
A: If you are on a budget and want to enjoy a less humid climate then Florida in February is the best and ideal time. The sun is not too harsh and simple light layers are fine to enjoy Florida’s climate.
3. Does it rain a lot in Florida in February?
A: In February, it rains very less in Florida. The average rainfall is 2.5 – 3.1 inches. It is the driest month in Florida.
4. Is it too cold to swim in Florida in February?
A: Swimming in Florida in February is never too cold. The climate is pleasant and the water temperature is around 20-23 degree Celsius.
5. Is Florida warm enough in March?
A: From March, the spring season starts in Florida and the temperature is around 23-25 degree Celsius. You can enjoy the perfect tropical warm type of climate.