14 Best Hiking Shoes For Flat Feet in 2023
People who have flat feet often face a lot of problems when they go hiking or trekking. Even in daily life, these people feel immense pain beneath their feet. However, this medical condition does not affect all flat feet owners. But for some people, it’s irritating and painful.
If you have flat feet then you must have experienced this pain once in a while for sure. When you wear normal shoes despite the flatfeet problems it makes your pain worse. During hiking or traveling, this problem of feet makes your journey very problematic.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy something through one of those links, you won’t pay any extra penny, but I’ll get a small commission that encourages me to deliver more helpful content for you.
Unfortunately, there are very few hiking shoes available that may help you to decrease the pain in hiking or trekking.
But, on the market, there are some flat feet shoes or boots available that may give you extra comfort.
It is really painful to find good shoes for your flat feet. That’s why we have searched and discovered some best hiking shoes for flat feet so that the next time you go hiking you will have a great experience without any flat feet pain.
If you don’t have sufficient time to go through the whole article but want the best flat feet hiking shoes then KEEN Men’s Targhee II Waterproof Leather Hiking Shoe can be the best option for you with any thought.
KEEN Men’s Targhee II is made of 100% genuine leather. So you can use this hiking shoe for years. These shoes come in 20 different sizes. So you will not have any problem with size.
Despite full leather waterproof protection, it has a membrane in it so the air can come inside the shoes. Made of lightweight material these shoes give you a comfortable feeling.
So you will not have any problems with sweaty feet as well. The traction, inside cushion technology, and other advanced features of the shoes make them one of the best hiking shoes for flat feet people. Even the price of these shoes with these many features is quite fair.
Benefits of Hiking Shoes with Arch Support
- Arch supports distribute the pressure evenly to all sides of your fee. If you have flat feet then your shoes must have good arch support.
- If you have any wound below the feet then it must be difficult to wear normal footwear. But, if your boots have arch support then your feet get the best fit inside the shoe and prevent pain.
- Flat feet people always suffer from disbalance due to pain. If your shoes have fit arch support then you will become more balanced while hiking or walking.
The Best Hiking Shoe Buying Guide
- If you have flat feet then you must be careful while purchasing hiking boots. The first thing you must notice is the arch support.
- We often get irritation due to flat feet and when our feet get sweaty and don’t get appropriate air it may cause more pain and irritation so buy boots that have air mesh technology.
- The cushioned part is very important. During hiking, if you don’t feel comfortable inside the shoes then it may not turn into a good hiking trip.
- If you want to buy hiking boots then buy one which has a toe cap as it protects you from hard rocks.
1. Salomon Men’s Quest 4D Gore-Tex Hiking Boots For Men
Weight: 12.35 Ounces.
- The 10.5” wide boot opening makes it easy to wear.
- These waterproof backpacking boots are designed for long expeditions and harsh conditions.
- A durable product with leather coated ideal for rugged environments
- Quest 4 Hiking boots offer you excellent grip.
- The inside bottom is made of extra cushion so you will not have any difficulty if you have flat feet already.
- It has a dual-layer midsole called Optivibe. This gives you supper pillowy comfort beneath your feet.
- Saloman quest 4 is a lightweight, bouncy EVA-and-Olefin-based foam that Salomon developed with Dow Chemical
Salmon shoes are renowned in the world for their Contagrip outsole which gives you super comfort in slippy areas. They used soft and durable material inside so people having flat feet will feel comfortable in it.
If you have a plan of multi-day trekking or even a short day trip but you are always worried about your flat feet then we suggest you buy Salomon shoes for your upcoming trips.
Salomon Quest 4D Gore-Tex is specially designed for flat feet people who want to go hiking. The midsole is made of EVS-based foam called Energycell Re which absorbs shocks and bounces back quickly so you will not feel any pain in your feet even if you have flat feet! This is why it is one of the best shoes for flat feet people.
2. Columbia Men’s Peakfreak Venture Waterproof Hiking Shoe
Weight: 15 Ounces.
- Columbia Men’s Peakfreak is made of mesh leather technology thus making it comfortable shoes for flat feet. As these shoes are made of air-mesh technology it allows air inside the boot and your feet do not get sweaty.
- The lower part of these shoes is made of rubber soles.
- Although these boots are made of mesh-air technology it does not let the water come inside.
- The advanced Omni-Tech waterproof breathable seam-sealed membrane bootie construction.
- The midsole is made lightweight and flexible. So it will last long.
- Mesh and Suede upper panels provide breathable ventilation
Columbia Men’s Peakfreak is an absolute solution for your flat feet pain during hiking and trekking. This is one of the best lightweight flat feet shoes for hiking as these shoes are made of lightweight, mesh-aired leather technology. So during hiking, you don’t have to worry about durability.
Peakfreak Venture offers you comfort if you have flat feet. We’ve often seen people struggle a lot to find a cheap yet comfortable hiking shoe for flat feet. But Columbia shoes are made of rubber soles and a comfortable bottom pat. The price of these shoes is also cheaper compared to other flat feet shoes. People who have ankle problems or go through flat feet can opt for these shoes.
3. Salomon X Ultra 3 GTX Men’s Hiking Shoes
Weight: 14 Ounces.
- Salomon X Ultra 3 GTX Men’s Hiking shoes are made of 100 synthetic fabrics.
- The bottom sole is made of rubber sole which gives comfort during the hikes if you have flat feet.
- The shaft measures approximately mid-top from the arch.
- These shoes are waterproof so if you visit wet terrain you will not have any problem.
- Whether you want to conquer a new hiking challenge or want to go for a small trail this shoe offers you excellent comfort and grip.
- SensiFit supports the foot from the midsole to the lacing system, providing a secure, snug, and virtually customized fit all around the foot.
Made of 100% synthetic fabric, Salomon X Ultra 3 GTX hiking is the best flat feet trail shoe on the market. These shoes are made of lightweight materials so if you are worried about the extra weight on the feet then these shoes may be the right solution for you.
When I first slipped on the Salomon X Ultra GTX Men’s Hiking shoes my impression was quite good. These shoes are made of cushioned material from the inside. People who have ankle problems must try these shoes for their next trip.
These shoes are mainly made for downhill traction. When you go to a hill station or any kind of rugged area these shoes will help you to hold a tight grip on a slippery surface. The bottom sole is made of durable material. Using these shoes in rugged areas will not deteriorate their durability.
4. Merrell Men’s Moab 2 Vent Hiking Shoe
Weight: 1.1 Pounds.
- Merrell Men’s Moab 2 Vent Hiking Shoes are made of 100 percent leather.
- Merrell uses man-made soles to manufacture these hiking shoes.
- The upper sole of these shoes is made of pigskin which is long and durable.
- Merrell has used an air mesh upper sole so your feet will not get sweaty. The air mesh allows air inside these shoes easily.
- If you have a flat feet problem then shoes may be one of the best choices for you. The inside part of these shoes has pillowy cushions so during hiking trips you will not feel flat feet pain.
- The front part of these shoes has a protective toe cap so you will be safe if you are hiking in hilly areas.
- The Merrell Air Cushion in the heel part absorbs shock and adds stability during hiking and traveling.
Merrell is one of the famous brands in the shoe industry and renowned in the world for its durable service. They always use great quality products to manufacture their shoes. Customer satisfaction has always been their top priority since the starting point.
Merrell’s shoes are very light in weight. These shoes are made of EVA foam midsole which gives stability and comfort. The TC5+ rubber sole is very soft and durable so you will have a comfortable feeling when you put on the shoes. If you have overpronation then these pillowy shoes will be a good choice for you.
Made of 100% leather, these shoes are long and durable. The air cushion technology absorbs the air and keeps your feet sweat-free during hiking. The best part of these shoes is that they are affordable and give service for a long time.
5. Timberland Men’s White Ledge Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot
Weight: 1.06 Pounds.
Waterproof: Mid Waterproof
- Timberland Men’s White Ledge hiking boot is made of full-grain waterproof leather.
- These waterproof wide flat feet hiking shoes are made of 100 percent pure leather which gives these boots a premium quality look.
- These boots are seam-sealed so not even a single drop of water can pass through the sole.
- The rustproof speed lace hardware with hooks at the top for secure lacing makes these boots unique and premium.
- You will get a warranty on these boots. If you have any issues with these shoes you can put a complaint on their website too.
Timberland Men’s White Ledge is a Global leader in the hiking boots industry. They always care about the customer’s needs. If you see the look of their product you will feel like they have crafted their products for customers’ needs only. Their shoes are not only durable but also stylish at the same time.
The upper sole is made with 100% premium waterproof leather which gives it a unique and premium look. Not only look but its midsole is made of EVA material which makes it lightweight and durable.
For people who want stylized and durable hiking boots at a reasonable price, we would suggest they go for Timberland men’s white ledge. These boots are soft, durable, and stylized easily to wear.
6. Salomon Men’s Authentic Leather & GORE-TEX Backpacking Boots
Weight: 1.11 Pounds.
Waterproof: Yes (waterproof GORE-TEX)
- The Split leather provides long durability. This boot is made of 100% synthetic material.
- This classic leather backpacking boot is lightweight with a deep, aggressive lug pattern for maximum traction in hilly and rugged areas.
- On difficult surfaces, the inside SensiFitTM system wraps your feet, while the heel straps keep the backs of your feet comfortable in place.
- This rugged, technical backpacking boot offers motion control, energy management & push-through protection with an understated leather style.
- These shoes have conventional lace to tie up. So according to your comfort, you can tie the shoe.
- The midsole of these shoes is made of EVA foam which absorbs the maximum shocks and gives you a smooth experience while walking on terrain.
We always look at three points when we purchase boots for hiking and when you have flat feet these 3 points are most important to look for. These are Secure Grip, Stability, and Cushioning. Salomon Men’s GORE-TEX Backpacking Boots give you these features at a very reasonable price.
These shoes are made of 100% pure synthetic so you can use them in any weather. If you look at these boots it feels like they are rugged from the outside but the inside part has a soft cushion so your feet will be protected from both sides.
Salomon Men’s Authentic Leather & GORE-TEX Backpacking Boots offers you a tough look. The bottom sole is made of a tough sole. The toe is also protected by a tough cap. In any situation, you will feel safe in any terrain or a hilly area.
Read Next: 11 Best Small Binoculars for Travel & Hiking
7. Columbia Men’s Newton Ridge Plus Ii Waterproof Hiking Shoe
Weight: 2.4 Pounds.
- The bottom sole is made of rubber which is comfortable to wear and long-lasting.
- These boots are made of rubber soles so the weight is pretty light to put on.
- Columbia Men’s Newton Ridge Plus features traditional lace features which are easy to tie.
- This multi-terrain traction system matches specially formulated compounds and treads to specific environments.
- A dual-zone winter tread pattern ensures solid footing on surfaces such as ice and snow. You can attach microspikes with this for better grip while hiking in snow. Here is our sorted list of the best microspikes for winter hiking.
- The upper part of these boots is made of fast-drying fabrics.
- Columbia Men’s Newton Ridge Plus Ii Waterproof Hiking Shoe comes with arch support.
Columbia Men’s Newton Ridge Plus offers you super traction which will help you to hold grips in the slippery areas. You can easily move from plain to hills without changing boots. These multi-purpose boots are highly recommended for those people who suffer from flat feet.
The inside of these shoes is made of soft foam so you will feel less bounce and your feet will remain safe in abrupt areas.
These boots have soft outer mesh material so in summer your feet will get enough ventilation and will not get sweaty. The shoelace collars are made of rustproof materials which makes these boots long-lasting.
8. Lowa Men’s Renegade GTX Mid Hiking Boot
Weight: 1.5 pounds.
- Lowa Men’s Renegade is made of 100% leather and synthetic.
- These stylized boots are made for outdoor use so you can easily wear them during hiking and trekking.
- The shaft measures approximately 5″ from the arch which is pretty long and helps you to put it on easily.
- These boots have speed lacing feature that helps you to tie the lace faster than traditional boots.
- Lowa Men’s Renegade has a padded collar tongue so your upper part of the feet will remain wounds-free in tough hiking.
The best part of these boots is they come in different sizes. You will not have any difficulty choosing the right one for yourself. Lowa always manufactures its products for a long duration.
These boots’ lightweight midsole delivers long-lasting superior cushioning for impact absorption and high energy return which makes these boots unique from other hiking boots. The advanced traction outsole provides a high grip in every terrain to prevent slipping.
Lowa boots are waterproof and made of air mesh technology on the upper front. So your feet will remain sweat free on long day hikes. These boots are specially designed for people who suffer from flat feet.
- 11 Best Inflatable Fishing Kayaks Review with Buying Guide
- 7 Best Inflatable Tents for Camping: Buying Guide
9. Dunham Men’s Cloud Mid-Cut Waterproof Boot
Weight: 1 pound.
- Dunham Men’s Cloud Mid-Cut Waterproof Boot’s Shaft measures approximately 4.5″ from the arch.
- These waterproof hiking boots come in 5 to 6 different color variants.
- The bottom sole is made of durable rubber.
- Dunham Men’s Cloud Mid-Cut Waterproof Boot has a removable molded EVA (Ethyl Vinyl Acetate) and Memory Foam footbed with Stability Cradle.
- Dunham Men’s Cloud Mid-Cut Waterproof Boot comes with adjustable circumferences.
Founded in 1885 by the Dunham brothers, Dunham shoe company is a century-old shoe company that offers quality products to its customers. Regardless of the occasion or situation, you can put on these boots.
Dunham boots are the best men’s walking boots for flat feet and are famous for their superior quality and durability.
Dunham footwear is designed to complement your lifestyle, needs, hobbies, and, most importantly, your feet. Dunham shoes make more sizes and widths of outdoor, work, and casual shoes than any other company.
Read Also: 13 Best Umbrella Strollers For Travel
10. KEEN Men’s Targhee II Mid Height Waterproof Hiking Boot
Weight: 1.14 pounds2.
- These shoes are made of 100% leather and synthetic material so you can use them for a long time.
- The KEEN boots are waterproof and come with a breathable membrane. This breathable keeps your feet dry and comfortable all day long by allowing air in without letting water in.
- The leather is treated with a PFC-free water repellant, so you still get the same protection without the harmful chemicals. So don’t worry about any rashes on your feet.
- The External Support Shank (ESS) in these shoes provides support on uneven surfaces.
- The injected TPU heel-capture system provides next-level stability in the hilly regions.
KEEN always brings a new look and new dimension to their products. Every product has a unique quality. Alongside the stylized and trendy look, it also proves its durability.
Keen Men’s Targhee II comes in 20 different size variations. So if you often get worried about the size Keen shoes can be the right option for you.
These shoes come in 6 color variants. These colors are good to go with any outfit. Whether you’re going trekking or even for your daily life you can put on these boots with every dress.
Inside of the Keen Men’s Targhee is full of cushioned foam so you will feel comfortable too in case you have flat feet. The price is also affordable. So if you’re looking for the best hiking shoes for flat feet at a reasonable price then you can opt for this.
11. NORTIV 8 Men’s Low Top Waterproof Hiking Shoes Trekking Trails Outdoor Work Shoes
Weight: 2.45 Pounds
- These boots are waterproof to a depth of 3.5 cm (1.38 inches)
- NORTIV 8 Men’s Low Top comes with a replaceable insole that provides support and energy return while on your feet for a long period.
- These shoes are made for hiking, fishing, camping, mountaineering, hunting, and other outdoor activities.
- The waterproof synthetic leather and waterproof membrane construction of these men’s hiking boots keep your feet cool and dry.
- NORTIV 8 Men’s Low Top has used a sick rubber outsole that provides stability, abrasion resistance, and flexible response in diverse outdoor conditions.
- The flexible midsole keeps your feet fatigued-free and absorbs maximum shocks.
Nortiv8 is a leading professional outdoor sports footwear brand in the United States. Nortiv8’s DNA is built around exploration. Make each step a natural connection with our comfortable sneakers by going outside.
Nortiv8 shoes are designed for both daily life and outdoor sports like hiking, hunting, camping, climbing, cycling, fishing, jungle, running, backpacking, trekking, mountaineering, traveling, and so on.
Another best thing about Nortiv8 shoes is they give you a warranty and friendly customer service so if you face any problem related to shoe quality you will be provided help and suggestions too.
12. Columbia Women’s Newton Ridge Plus Waterproof Amped Hiking Shoe
Weight: 1.06 Pounds.
- The Newton Ridge Plus Waterproof Amped Hiking Boot features a seam-sealed construction so your feet will remain dry in the rainy season.
- These shoes feature TECHLITE lightweight midsoles which are long-lasting and comfortable.
- The inside part of these shoes is made with superior cushioning technology which keeps your flat feet in a comfortable position without giving too much stress.
- These waterproof shoes are designed for all kinds of long trekking, hiking, expeditions, and harsh conditions.
- The Omni-GRIP non-marking traction rubber outsole provides you high grip across a wide variety of terrain and rugged regions.
- You can use these shoes in any season whether it is the rainy season or in snowy winter.
- These shoes are designed for extended years of use. They have reinforced the toe and heel barriers and extended the outsole toe overwrap to guard these key wear points.
These women’s hiking shoes for flat feet are comfortable and long-lasting. It offers a great look and a good grip on treacherous days out on the trail. One of the best features of these shoes is their waterproof technology. Columbia Women’s Newton Ridge Plus Waterproof Amped Hiking Shoes are comfortable so you can remain worry-free.
Supportive leather and suede construction give a durable and stylish look. You can buy these shoes for hiking or even for a normal outing too.
Back in 2018, we went to the Point Reyes area. We thought we do not need any special shoes but we were wrong. My wife suffered a lot at that time. As this area is located near a coastal cliff the surface was not so flat. It was full of rocks and stones. So by the next day, we’ve purchased Columbia Women’s Newton Ridge Plus Waterproof Amped Hiking Shoe from a local shop. My wife didn’t face any pain in her feet later on.
13. Asolo Men’s Fugitive GTX Hiking Boot
Weight: 1.63 Pounds.
Waterproof: Yes (Water-resistant suede)
- Asolo Men’s Fugitive GTX Hiking Boot offers multi-color and different sizes. So you can choose the best one for you.
- The shaft measures approximately 5.75″ from the arch.
- Asolo boots come with a Vibram outsole which is long-lasting and provides good grip in rugged environments.
- An ideal choice for light hikers and trekkers who demand lightweight and comfort with a snappy design.
- Asolo is an ideal flat feet boot for hiking for those who don’t want to feel the extra weight on their shoes during hiking. It is very lightweight.
- The outsole is a combination of bi-density rubber bottoms for cushion and traction. The combination makes it lightweight but durable.
These shoes are made of a combination of water-resistant Italian leather and Gore-tex lining to keep your foot well ventilated and completely dry.
The Asolo men’s flex thermoplastic torsional support is made to reduce injuries from difficult terrain, backpacking, and long hikes. The lightweight polyurethane midsole absorbs shock and provides long-lasting cushioning to relieve pressure areas on the feet.
During our hikes in Santa Cruz, we faced heavy rain and all the area became slippery due to the rainfall but Asolo Men’s Fugitive GTX Hiking Boots’ high-quality grip and arch support helped us a lot.
14. Salomon Women’s Pathfinder Hiking Shoes
Weight: 340 g
- The all terrain grip of the shoe makes it perfect for walking, hiking, backpacking, or trail running.
- These rugged boots offer you motion control, great grip, and comfort.
- A durable product with a leather coat makes it ideal for rugged environments.
- The advanced rubber sole gives solid traction so you will be more energetic and agile in terrain.
- Salomon Women’s Pathfinder Hiking Shoe has a protective mudguard around the base of the foot. It helps to protect the lateral and medial sides from muddy trails.
- EnergyCell midsole and a high-performance EVA foam provide shock attenuation.
Inside of the Salomon Men’s Boots, you will get full of cushioned foam so you will feel comfortable too in case you have flat feet. The price is also affordable. So if you’re looking for the best hiking shoes for flat feet at a cheap price then you can opt for these shoes.
Flat Foot is a medical condition that no one wants to feel ever. But if you have flat feet then you must be careful. You must choose a shoe that will give you comfort in any terrain. During hiking, if you want to avoid flat feet pain then buy one of the above hiking shoes at your convenience. These shoes are the best hiking flat feet shoes on the market that will give you a stylized look and durability at the same time.
Read Other Hiking Gear Buying Guides:
- 12 Best Barefoot Hiking Shoes for Minimalists
- 15 Best Waterproof Hiking and Trekking Boots
- 15 Cheap Best Quality Hiking Boots with Buying Guide
- 16 Best Budget Hiking Backpacks
- 10 Best Water Bottle Filter for Travel & Hiking
- 16 Best and Cheap Hiking Backpacks [Tested & Reviewed]
FAQ: Hiking Shoes for Flat Feet
1. Are cushioned shoes good for walking?
A: You do not need as much heavy cushioning as is found in comfort shoes or cushioned running shoes. But if you have flat feet then extra cushioning will keep your leg pain-free.
2. Can you wear normal shoes to hike?
A: Normal shoes are not a good option for hiking. If you have flat feet, you should not go hiking with normal shoes. It may level up your pain so avoid normal shoes during hiking.
3. Can I wear hiking shoes for walking?
A: You can use hiking shoes for walking but your normal attire may not suit all the time. But you can wear it.
4. Do Salomon hiking shoes have good arch support?
A: The Salomon Quest 4D 2 GTX is perfect for someone who is looking for stability and the support of a hiking/backpacking boot. Its arch support is great for flat feet and overpronation.