7 Best Inflatable Tents for Camping: Review Buying Guide 2023
In recent times inflatable tents have become one of the best gears you should carry while traveling to unknown terrain. Compared to conventional pole tents, inflatable tents are way easier to pitch. Now you don’t need to spend hours setting the tent. All you need to do is give a few pumps, and your inflatable tent will rise in no time.
A few years back, these inflatable tents were not available. But, at this point, if you see around yourself, you will get to see people are more actively traveling around the world. Keeping this in mind, many companies have brought modern and easy-to-carry tents that you can easily set up and carry with you.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy something through one of those links, you won’t pay any extra penny, but I’ll get a small commission that encourages me to deliver more helpful content for you.
In this article, we will talk about some of the best inflatable tents on the market. These products are not only famous for their branding, but they are well-built and reasonable compared to other products on the market.
Buying Guide for The Best Inflatable Tent
There is an array of inflatable tents on the market, but which one will be the best choice for you, and what key points do you need to look forward to while purchasing inflatable tents?
We have analyzed the market and personally also purchased some of the best inflatable tents for our camping trips. You can check the below-mentioned points when you buy a new inflatable tent for your next trip.
- The first thing you must keep an eye on is the waterproof technology of the tent. These particular features make this reliable. Waterproof technology will make your inflatable tent a must-have tolls on your packing list for camping.
- The next thing we want you to look at is the size of the inflatable tent. If you want to go on a solo trip or set up your tent next to your car, buying a single-person inflatable tent is pretty okay. But if you are camping with family or friends, you must be very careful. You guys may have luggage items too, so buy a tent according to the needed space.
- Remember that your inflatable tent must have multiple entrances, so it becomes easier for you to get into the tent in no time during bad weather.
- While traveling, we try not to take a lot of equipment with us as carrying a lot of stuff might be hectic. Your tent should be lightweight. If the weight of the inflatable tents is too much, it may increase the problem during the journey.
- If your inflatable tents have multiple pockets, it becomes easier to organize your stuff inside the tent. So while purchasing, make sure your tent has multi compartments in it.
- Another important key point you must remember is the guarantee of the material. The material must be durable as you will use the tent in the open sky.
There are a lot of options for inflatable tents. Check the best one out of the below-mentioned products.
1. KTT Extra Large Tent 12 Person(Style-A)
One of the best inflatable tents you can get at a reasonable and durable price is KTT Extra Large Tent. In this inflatable tent, up to 12 people can fit easily. This tent is one of the best family inflatable tents on the market.
People who love hiking or camping with family or friends can purchase this one. This tent is not an automatic pop tent. So, you have to set it up on your own.
KTT is an excellent brand that boasts its durability with pride. The tent is made of 100 percent polyester. The interesting fact is this polyester is not random. It is oxford polyester which last way longer than the standard polyester avail on the market.
You will also get a high-density mesh that keeps you warm, yet you can breathe normally inside the tent.
- Height: 6.7ft
- Weight: 34 Pounds
- It is made of 100 percent oxford polyester.
- 10 to 12 people can easily fit inside the tent, so if you are looking for the best sizeable inflatable tent, you can buy this one.
- The height is 6.7 inches, so there will be a lot of space above the head.
- KTT tent comes in green, which goes with nature and is eye soothing.
- You will get a canary bag to carry the tent along with you.
- One of this tent’s best features is its removable rain fly. According to your need, you can remove the rain fly to see the open sky.
- You will also get 14 stakes, 8 ropes, and 6 iron tent poles to set the tent on the ground.
2. Tangkula Inflatable Tent, Camping Tent for Family
Are you looking for an instant pop-up inflatable tent? Maybe your search ends here. Tangkula inflatable tent is one of the best inflatable tents on the market. With a few hand pumps, your tents will be ready in a few minutes.
This tent is made for only 3 people. If you’re going on a trip with 1 or 2 friends or have a small family, this would be an ideal instant tent. Tangkula Inflatable tent is a lightweight tent that you can carry with you without any difficulties at all.
Tangkula Inflatable Tent is perfect for adventures, backpacking, or car camping. The frame and inner tent work as a single unit, and you don’t have to spend much time setting the tent.
- Height: 11 Pounds
- Weight: 41 Inches
- Tangkula is an instant set-up tent.
- This tent is very light in weight. The product is only 11 pounds which is easy to carry.
- In four seasons, you can use this tent without any worry.
- Tangkula inflatable tent is windproof so that you will remain comfortable inside the tent.
- This inflatable tent is also waterproof and lightproof. So at night, you can sleep without any tension from rain or lightning.
- Tangkula inflatable tent is made of Taffeta 190Tmultifunctional polyester fabric. This polyester works as a water repellent, so there is no way that water can come inside during rain.
3. Vango Airbeam Odyssey Air 500 Villa Tent
Are you looking for a tent that can be set by just blowing air inside? Vango Airbeam Odyssey Air 500 Villa Tent is that kind of inflatable tent. If you have a tight budget and you’re looking for an instant tent, then purchase this without anything. At a reasonable price, you will get this tent with many features.
Vango Airbeam Odyssey Air 500 Villa Tent has an air beam feature that allows the user to pitch the tent without a pole. This inflatable tent is made of dark green material, which will block the morning sun beam so you can sleep uninterruptedly.
- Height: 7 feet
- Weight: 18.55 Kilograms
- You can pitch this air-beam tent in 10 minutes.
- This inflatable tent comes in dark green, which doesn’t allow light inside the tent.
- You can use this inflatable tent throughout the year, regardless of the weather.
- The shape of this stylish tent is rectangular so that you will get enough space to sleep.
- To close the entrances, you will get a double zipper. This dual zipper technology increases security at night.
- The Sewn-in groundsheet will protect you by preventing worms and insects from the ground.
- Vango Airbeam comes with air mesh technology which is not regular air mesh fabric, and it is a dense mesh that will allow the air to go in but not the insects.
4. HEIMPLANET Original | Backdoor – 3-Season
HEIMPLANET tent is a one-pump inflatable tent. In a minute, it will be ready to use. This tent is an excellent choice for four people camping. Trekkers and backpackers mainly use HEIMPLANET tents.
The whole tent body is made of nylon and fabric, which ensures the durability of this excellent tent. HEUPLANET is one of the best inflatable tents for you if you’re looking for a budget-friendly instant pop-up tent.
Although it is an instant pop-up tent, it has enough stability in wind and rain. HEIPLANET has used multiple clips to hold the tent with the air chamber. Even if one air chamber got damaged somehow, the air chamber would hold the tent quickly.
- Height: 154 cm
- Weight: 6 kg (13 lbs)
- HEIPLANET tent is made for 4 people.
- The whole body of the tent is made of nylon and fabric.
- This tent is very lightweight. So you can carry this with you anywhere.
- There are a few air chambers attached to the tent with the help of a few clips. Once you pitch the tent, you can easily detach the air chamber by removing the small hooks.
- The best thing is that HEIPLANET inflatable tent offers its geodesic frame structure. This unique structured frame helps your tent to be stable in windy weather without any hesitation.
- In this inflatable tent, you will get two entrances. The front one is wider, and the rear one is smaller.
- You will get a wider ground area of 96 square feet, enough space for 4 people.
5. Coleman tent Meadowood Air
Made of polyester and PVC material, this is one of the best budget-friendly inflatable tents you can purchase for your next outdoor trip. We constantly search for a product that can thank our wallet and gives long service. You must choose this one if you’re also one of us and have a tight budget.
Coleman tent is an excellent gear at a reasonable price. In the Coleman tent, you will get two extra large compartments where 4 people can easily fit. This product of Coleman company ensures the best experience outdoor camping.
If you go inside the tent, you will not be able to see almost anything as this fabric resist 99 percent of daylight. As a result, you will find the inside way cooler than the outside of the tent. The fiberglass pole gives this inflatable tent perfect stability in windy weather.
- Height: 2 meters
- Weight: 15.7 Kilograms
- Coleman tent is made of 100 % waterproof polyester.
- You will get 2 extra large compartments. 2 large rooms are enough for 4 people.
- The temperature is 5 degrees cooler inside the tent.
- 4,000mm water column paired with a thoroughly seamed ground sheet and taped seams, making the structure waterproof.
- PVC windows with a blackout option offer you to adjust the light condition inside the tent.
- The best thing about this inflatable tent is it is UV protected.
6. Vango Venture 450 Tunnel Tent
Do you want to go camping outside but do not want to carry heavy weights with you and to look for a very light weigh inflatable tent? Wait, we have a product for you. Check the exclusive Vango Venture 450 Tunnel Tent.
This inflatable tent is available on amazon only. This product is made of 100 % polyester, which is waterproof and provides long service. Vango Venture features a 3000 mm HH flysheet, which ensures your sleeping pod always stays dry, even in the rain.
Vango Venture is an excellent choice if you love sunlight and want the same inside the tent. It has a crystal clear window which allows the light to come inside.
While we were camping on one of the most popular campgrounds in Florida then, the weather was not in our favor. It was raining, lightning, and the wind was too strong, but fortunately, this inflatable tent protected us and made the outdoor trip a memorable journey.
- Height: 8.66 feet
- Weight: 8.16 Kilograms
- Vango Venture 450 Tunnel is a highly weatherproof inflatable tent.
- You can easily pitch this inflatable tent within a few minutes.
- You will get 3 poles to fix this inflatable tent. These three poles give firm stability to the tent in windy situations.
- Vango Venture 450 is a unisex inflatable tent.
- You can use this lightweight inflatable tent in spring and summer.
- The octagonal shape gives the tent way more stability than a standard tent inflatable tent.
- You can use this tent for hiking and outdoor activity.
- Vango Venture 450 tent comes in river blue, which does not get dirty quickly.
- This tent is an ideal inflatable tent for 4 people.
- You will get an oversized carry bag in which you can take other stuff along with this inflatable tent.
7. HEIMPLANET Original | The Cave 2-3 Person Dome Tent
Are you looking for a blow-up tent at a reasonable price? We guess HEIMPLANET Original Dome Tent is the one you have been searching for a long time. HEIMPLANET Original is a budget-friendly inflatable air-tent you can buy for your next camping trip with your family.
This inflatable tent is not huge, but 4 people can easily accommodate inside this beautiful tent. HEIMPLANET Dome tent is attached with multiple air chambers.
The one-pump technology will allow you to pitch the tent in a few seconds. After raising the tent, you can easily detach them by removing those clips. This one-pump technology makes this tent one of the best camping tents for travelers.
- Height: 127 cm (50 inches)
- Weight: 4.8 kg (10.60 lbs)
- HEIMPLANET comes with a geodetic structure that ensures stability in windy situations.
- This inflatable tent comes with a dual-layer option. You will get a small tent inside the bigger one.
- The outer tent will protect you from the rain and sunbeams, whereas the inner tent will allow the air to come inside.
- You will get several storage options inside this tent, where you can keep your belongings easily.
- The outer layer of the tent is made of extra-stiff and torn-free polyester, which enhances the tent’s durability.
- The ground area of the tent is around 54 square feet, which is ideal if you are looking for a 4 persons inflatable tent.
- Along with the tent, you will also get Pegs, a Repair Kit, Guy Ropes, Pack Sack, Gear Loft, and a Pump Adapter.
Cons: This tent does not come with a pump. So, you have to buy the air pump.
People who love camping on the riverside, in the jungle, or the desert must have an inflatable tent. A few years back, it was not that popular. But, recently, you will see people are using inflatable tents more. Compared to conventional tents, these inflatable tents are way easier to pitch. You can set up your tent in one pump without needing poles or hook ropes.
There are plenty of inflatable tents available on the market that you can purchase for your next outdoor camping. Still, before choosing any tent, you must be very cautious about some critical features like tent durability, its waterproof technology, the ground part of the tent, and the space.
We have found these tents as mentioned above for you. These are reasonable and have huge demand in the market.
Read Other Product Review Guide:
- 11 Best Inflatable Fishing Kayaks For Beginners
- 12 Best Tent Air Conditioners For Camping
- 12 Best Air Pumps for Inflatable Boat, Tent and Tires
- 12 Best Budget Friendly Action Camera
- 14 Best Microspikes For Hiking
- 12 Best Camping Griddles For Every Budget
- 10 Best Beach Coolers
FAQ: Best Inflatable Tents
1. What is the best inflatable mattress for camping?
A: There are plenty of inflatable mattresses available on the market. Still, you can opt for these air mattresses EnerPlex Never-Leak Camping Series Queen Camping Airbed, Active Era Luxury Camping Air Mattress, Coleman Camping Cot, Air Mattress, and Pump Combo, and Coleman Quickbed Airbed.
2. Are inflatable tents safe?
A: Inflatable tents are filled with air, but their build quality can resist rain and sunbeams easily. Even they can withstand windy weather.
3. Do inflatable tents burst?
A: There are many stories of bursting inflatable tents, but they do not get punctured easily unless and until something sharp hits them.
4. Are air tents good in strong winds?
A: Yes, inflatable tents are good and can withstand strong winds. You do not have to worry about the poles and ropes. The structures and geodesic shapes give this inflatable tent a firm grip on the ground.