If you are looking for the best action camera under $200, you have successfully landed at the best possible place. So whether you are a vlogger or just getting started with an action camera and concerned about your budget, think no more because we have got your back.
We have successfully compiled and reviewed some of the best affordable action cameras. Therefore, it hardly matters if you are willing to capture your outdoor moments or want to record some of the best and most memorable times you get to spend with your close ones, these cameras will be the best suited.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy something through one of those links, you won’t pay any extra penny, but I’ll get a small commission that encourages me to deliver more helpful content for you.
Therefore, you need not wait for anything, and you can dive right into the world of the best cameras on a budget with the list and buying guide provided in this article.
If you lack time to go through the whole article, you can choose our top favorite ThiEYE T5e WiFi Sport Camera.
This WiFi sports camera comes with an ultra 4K HD 16 MP Sony sensor. This action video cam is also compatible with an external mic. It is waterproof and allows a wide angle of 170 degrees. You can enjoy app control, and it also comes with a pair of dual rechargeable batteries.
Guide to Purchase the Best Budget Action Camera on a Budget
If you are looking for some of the best waterproof action cameras under $200 for beginners, you first need to check in with a guide on how to purchase the best budget action cameras. Therefore, in order to get acquainted with your do’s and don’ts while buying a camera under budget, follow the below-listed tips:
- When it comes to cameras, video quality plays the most critical role. Although the highest quality is available in 8k, 4k is much more popular. You should avoid getting an action camera that shoots any lower than 1080p at 60fps.
- You should also keep an eye on the size, shape, and, most importantly, weight of the camera. Because if you plan on attaching the action cam with your helmet or else, you should avoid hefty action cameras.
- Durability is also pretty important. You should always have your eyes on a model that is durable enough to be able to guide you in your adventures.
- Photo resolution and battery life are the other essentials you need to check too before you make the final purchase.
- Last but not least, don’t forget to double-check if your action camera is waterproof. If you plan on adventuring with your entry-level inexpensive action camera, you can face instances of torrential downpours or even worse. Therefore, in order to make sure that your camera is safe in such circumstances, you have to get a waterproof one.
If you seek the best digital camera for action shots under 200, this is the one you need to go for. This entry-level GoPro certainly offers the best features beneath its sleek and shiny silver rubberized casing. The best part of buying this is it comes with the quality guarantee of a classic GoPro. Also, if you are in constant search of a GoPro for your kids, this has to be the ideal choice for you.
This model of Hero Silver can:
- Shoot 4k videos at 30 fps and 10 MP still photos. It might seem a little slower than other brands, but you need to remember that it is a GoPro and not any other obscure Chinese brand.
- Standard features such as time-lapse and slow-motion at 2X speed also come along with the model.
- This camera is also specially designed for point click and shooting purposes. You can easily mount it anywhere because of its small size.
- It even features a 1.95-inch touch screen at its rear, which is very quick and responsive.
- It is even compatible with WiFi and Bluetooth, and it even allows for an image or video editing.
- It is water-resistant but only to 33 feet.
- It allows the use of voice commands instead of buttons.
- One-touch operation.
- LCD touchscreen.
- It comes with a complete replacement warranty for a small monthly charge.
This model certainly has all the best and updated features available in the market. Yet, it is half the price in comparison to the major brands. This model boasts 4K video at 60 FPS and 30 FPS as its standard option, along with 20 MP photos. It even features a variety of shooting modes such as slow-mo at 120 FPS, diving, and even fast motion. Additionally, these are even very easy to toggle between.
You can wear it on your wrist, and the brand even comes with mounting accessories, which ensures that the features are sufficient. It is WiFi compatible and even has HDMI connectivity. The device also comes with two 1100 mAh batteries that provide 3-hours of recording time and is even waterproof up to 131 feet.
You can easily go through all the motions with no worries about its damage because it is made like a solid rock. Therefore, the camera is potent enough to withstand water, mud, dirt, and sand. Compared overall, Akaso V50 Elite is undoubtedly quite a great product.
- 170-degree wide-angle lens
- 2-inch LCD display
- Excellent quality and rugged construction
- Photos at 15 FPS (20 MP)
- Mounting kit and accessory bundle
- WiFi compatible, which allows quick sharing
- Includes a wireless wrist remote
- Waterproof up to 131 feet
- There is no manual focus
- There is no warranty
3. Sony HDRAS50
If you seek the best action camera for under 200$, this has to be one of your top choices. This action cam boasts FULL HD video and vibrant photos. Its Exmor R sensor (11.1 MP) picks up footage even in low light. It also comes along with a Zeiss lens. The lens is ideally suited for wide-angle, low light, and overexposure. There are six video modes in this model, including a 4K timelapse.
It includes both Bluetooth and WiFi standards, along with a stereo microphone that helps record in two separate tracks. This model is ideal for travel bloggers who want to add some extra flair to their videos. Also, if you are seeking the best cheap action camera under $200 with stabilization, this could be it.
- Full HD video recording.
- Six video modes
- 60 M water housing
- 11.1 MP Exmor sensor
- Stereo mic
- Zeiss lens
- Steadyshot image and video stabilization
- A little heavy
- No 4K video
- Compatible only with Sony software
4. Insta360 ONE
In case you are looking for some of the best action cameras under $200 as per the ratings on Amazon, Insta360 ONE has to be on your list. This is the perfect option if you do not prefer selfie sticks that tend to ruin your shots. The model comes along with separately waterproof and remote housings.
This 360-degree VR camera omits your selfie stick or hand from the final shot, which, in turn, makes it appear as if it were a drone shot. The camera can even shoot 4K videos along with high-resolution, 24 MP photos for panoramic pictures. The Electronic Image Stabilization, now commonly referred to as the FlowState Stabilization, helps to make your videos buttery smooth, no matter if you are jumping out of an aircraft or cycling downhill.
It is even very easy to edit and upload the footage on the gram with the help of this camera. You can easily control it either with a remote or an app that you can easily monitor on your iPhone. The unique design of the camera is what catches the most attention. You can even mount the model on almost any item with the accessories.
- It takes the selfie stick out of your hand.
- You can easily operate it via remote control or an iPhone app.
- 360-degree VR camera
- FlowState stabilization allows jerk-free footage
- 4K videos and 24 MP high-resolution panorama photos
This model is perfect for adrenaline junkies or YouTubers who desire smooth and high-resolution videos. Therefore, if you want a travel camera under $200, this will be your ideal pick. It can shoot 4k at 30fps. Therefore, this model should be among your top choices if you want to buy a 4k action camera for under 200 USD.
Its extreme image stabilization ensures that the footage is not jittery, even if you take videos at high speed. It can also record slow-motion videos up to 240fps at 1080p.
It has a simple and clean design which is attractive as well as easy to use. Its 2.10-inch LCD touchscreen allows easy navigation through the controls. You can even use voice commands. It can also produce 12MP raw images, giving complete control to the action photographers. You can enjoy fantastic clarity, and the model even allows easy connectivity to Bluetooth and WiFi. That is pretty much easier to edit and share photos and videos instantly. Therefore, you should certainly go for this cheap action camera with HD slow-motion under 200.
- 2.2” LCD touchscreen display
- 12 MP raw images
- 4K videos at 30fps.
- 2.19” Gorilla glass cover
- Extreme Image Stabilization (EIS)
- Sony IMX377 Sensor
- Slow-motion videos at 240 FPS
Dual lenses in this model automatically calibrate to provide 360-degree images at 7k resolution at up to 23.88 MP. You can easily view the videos at nearly 360 degrees at 3.5K at 30 FPS or full HD at 60 FPS. The six-axis EIS also aids in keeping your videos jitter-free at any time. You can even manually adjust the exposure for night shots up to 32 seconds.
Thus, if you are looking for an action camera under $200that can take amazing panorama shots or excellent virtual guides, look no further because this has to be your top choice.
- 3.5K videos at 30 FPS
- 6-Axis EIS
- Sharing and editing are very easy
- Full HD at 60 FPS
- Multiple software updates are available
- Dual lens 360-degree camera
- 23 MP still photos at 7K resolution.
This camera has a 4K video mode that helps you to capture real action no matter if you are riding, skydiving, or just on a short adventure on your motorcycle. The camera even offers steady FPS for better slow-motion perspectives. It even comes with a simple yet sophisticated remote control that comes quite handy when mounting the camera in places where one can’t reach manually. You can use connectivity options such as WiFi for transferring files from the device.
This model also has pretty improved water resistance and durability. It permits you to capture the essence of the underwater world without compromising on anything. You get two extra batteries and helmet accessories with this action cam which is why it is undoubtedly one of the ideal choices on a limited budget.
- Intuitive remote control
- Improved water-resistance
- Mountable to multiple places
- 4K video at 24fps
- Extra accessories
- There is no touchscreen
- Sometimes the 4K videos fail to satisfy
8. GoPro Hero 5
If you are worried about other brands because GoPros don’t suit your budget, then you should stop searching for GoPro alternatives under 200and get your hands on the GoPro Hero 5, which comes under the same budget. This model suits professional YouTubers the best. This action cam is very popular among the young generation because of its high-quality videos. If you are an action vlogger who is looking to jump-start vlogging career, this has to be the best-suited choice for you.
The GoPro Hero 5 boasts a 4K video mode running at 30 frames per second. In order to ensure that you succeed at taking stunning photos, a 12 MP image sensor comes along with the camera. It also has a timelapse mode that allows a collection of beautiful clouds and sunset without any hassle. The model is also waterproof up to 10 m which works fine for divers who intend on diving into deeper water. Additionally, the user interface is also pretty simple, and the camera comes along with several additional modes.
- Waterproof up to 10 m
- Timelapse mode
- Strong and tough body
- 4k videos with a 12 MP image sensor
- Easy user interface
- Battery drainage is quite fast.
- There is no external mic port.
The ideal part is that this particular model comes with a lot of accessories. Thus, if you are looking for an action cam that has many accessories and can be mounted for you to go along with your adventures, this is undoubtedly the one.
You will find several mounts and tethers along with the camera and its essential accessories. You can even protect your camera for up to 40 meters with the waterproof case that comes along with it. The 20 MP quality is certainly the best that is available in the market. It also allows you to record a 4K and 60 fps video.
The model also boasts electronic image stabilization that allows capturing sharp images irrespective of the terrain you are riding. You can easily choose from multiple angles based on the place you are standing. The touchscreen app aids in much easy control while you use the camera. You can easily transfer the data via WiFi or HDMI cable.
- Additional view angle feature
- Touchscreen feature
- Image stabilization
- Waterproof up to 40 m
- Superb quality images and videos
10. AKASO Brave 6
If you seek an action camera under $100, this could be the answer for you. Smart voice control is what makes this camera unique. It allows your camera to remain connected to you regardless of whether you mount it on your head or chest. Therefore, if you choose to capture beautiful videos without spending too much money, this is your best solution.
The action vloggers can easily add more quality to their content with this budget-friendly action cam. It allows 4K videos at 30 frames per second. It even features the most advanced Electronic Image Stabilization technology. That, in turn, allows the camera to eliminate blurriness and shakiness while you make the videos.
The 8x zoom feature helps you to zoom in on distant water bodies with zero issues. This model even ensures water resistance and durability. Thus, it is much easier for divers to enjoy long-lasting underwater photography.
- 4K videos at a higher FPS
- Electronic Image Stabilization
- Smart voice control option
- 8x zoom feature
- Waterproof and durable
- The video quality is average
- Motion detection is unavailable
In case you are looking for a budget action camera under $150, this has to be the one for you. The SJ8K is a budget-priced and excellent action cam that has built in Sony sensor of 14 megapixels that allows it to record amazing 4K(3840×2160)/30fps videos and shoot 12MP photos. It has different video modes like time-lapse, slow-motion recording, loop recording, and car mode. The EIS comes along with the product itself. You can dive up to 30 m with this waterproof budget action camera.
It is great for hiking, mountaineering, and hiking. The model is also very durable. Therefore, if you are searching for a vlogging camera for under $200, you should definitely give this one a try.
- Built in EIS for smooth video recording
- It delivers 4K 30fps, 2.7K 30/60fps, 1080P 120/60/30fps , 720P 240/120fps videos and 12 MP photos.
- Ideal for water sports such as swimming, snorkeling, surfing, and diving.
- 170°super wide-angle fisheye lens with Ultra 2.33” inch UHD bright touch screen
- One-touch recording.
Cons: SJCAM is a big competitor of GoPro, but you cannot expect high-quality GoPro video quality in SJCAM.
This certainly has to be among one of the top action cameras under 200$and also one of the most affordable ones. This WiFi action camera allows 4K videos at 30 frames per second. It flaunts a dual touch screen display and has an image capture speed of 60 fps with 20MP quality still photos.
This vlog camera is ideal for you, even if you are new to vlogging and want to kickstart your career on Youtube. It is waterproof up to 131 feet and comes with an EIS remote control. This sports camera even flaunts a wide angle of 166-degree.
- Waterproof up to 131-degrees
- Time-lapse is available and can be connected with WiFi
- Possesses image stabilization
- Wide-angle of 166-degree available
- Image capture speed of 60 fps
If you are searching for the best action camera under 200$, this blog must have served you right. Thus, select the perfect action cam for you and start vlogging today!
Read Other Travel Product Review Guides:
- 12 Best and Cheap Smartwatches: Review+Buying Guide
- 10 Lightweight Travel Laptops: The Ultimate Buyer’s Guide
- 14 Cool Smartwatches for Teenagers
- 12 Best Barefoot Hiking Shoes And Boots
- 10 Best Headphones for Teens: Extra Bass
- 10 Best Potable Travel Routers
FAQ: Best Action Camera Under $200
1. What is the best 360 action camera?
A: According to the ratings of the current year, the best 360 action cameras are GoPro Max and Insta360 One X2. These are now easy to use and are used to shoot panoramas, 360 videos, selfies, and much more.
2. What is the best action camera that can be mounted to a helmet under $200?
A: The best action camera that one can mount to a helmet under $200 would be the classic GoPro Hero Silver.