Are you searching for an action camera to capture the moments of your next adventure trip? Here in this article, you will get the list of the best budget action cameras on the market.
In this era, everyone is trying to capture precious moments. We all need a camera to hold our memory with us. Whether you’re a vlogger or want to shoot the scenic beauty of nature with an action camera, you can capture the vivid life of nature.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy something through one of those links, you won’t pay any extra penny, but I’ll get a small commission that encourages me to deliver more helpful content for you.
But, with many options for action cameras on the market, we often get confused and buy some worthless products. So our research team has analyzed the market and found the best action camera on a budget. Read the full article for detailed information about the best affordable action cameras in the market with detailed review, buying guide and comparisons.
If you’re in a hurry, you can choose the AKASO EK7000 4K30F action camera to capture your life’s beautiful moments. The AKASO EK7000 is a 4K action cam that lets you capture moments in Ultra HD mode. With this camera, you can film 4K videos in 30 FPS mode, which delivers a way better experience than a regular ordinary camera. Along with this Camera, you will get a wireless wrist remote. This is a 2.4G remote, which allows you to control the camera seamlessly.
This affordable action camera comes with long battery life. You will get two pieces of rechargeable 1050 mAh batteries. So you don’t need to worry about battery life while going on a long trip. Another thing you mustn’t forget is the wireless remote is not waterproof, but the camera is. You can dive into the 100-meter water with this camera without any problem.
Buying Guide for the Best Action Camera on a Budget
Action cameras are gaining popularity among all generations. In the era of Facebook, Youtube, and Instagram, everyone uses an action camera. Whether a newbie in this field or a pro, you have noticed a few fundamental things while purchasing an action camera.
We often get confused with the plethora of action cameras on the market. Some are so popular that without thinking, people are investing their money to buy those big brands, whereas some are not very popular but have some excellent features.
Here in this article, we will cover those vital points that might help you find the best action cameras on the market.
The Video Quality
You must look forward to one of the prime qualities while purchasing an action camera. Whoever wants an action camera only buys those because of its clear footage, crisp sound, smooth experience, and seamless timelapse option. We must check whether these qualities exist in the action cameras we purchase.
We suggest you buy an action camera that allows a 4K filming option. Companies like GoPro, Akaso, and Sjcam are some brands offering the best budget cameras with 4K options.
We guess You must’ve heard about the FPS. This stands for Frame Per Second. The more FPS you have in your action camera, the more smooth video you can create. These days companies like GoPro and Akaso offer 40 to 60 FPS options. So if you can purchase a camera with maximum FPS, you will get a better experience with the camera.
Size and Shape
The size and shape matter. Suppose you want to capture a wide-angle view or timelapse. In that case, your camera size and shape must be rectangular, whereas if you want to capture sports activity requiring more shutter speed, then cameras become more pointed. So before purchasing any camera, you should be aware of these facts.
When purchasing an action camera, ensure your camera has multiple Field of View options. Almost every camera offers FOV but chooses one that offers wide, medium, and narrow FOV.
People often choose the wrong camera without knowing the importance of FOV. Some cameras have only a comprehensive angle option, which has a drawback. If you click all images with wide-angle views, some of them get distorted.
People recommend getting an action camera because of its stability. You filmed a video, and if it turned into a shaky one, then your footage loses most of its value. These days action cameras come with a professional stabilizer which enhances the video quality.
Action Camera defines its name. It is made for actions only. Whatever the sports you’re interested in, ensure your camera’s quality is top-notch. Mainly when using these cameras while diving, cycling, and underwater photography, your camera is supposed to be durable enough to provide seamless service.
One important and unforgettable point you must keep in mind is the battery life of your action camera. You may get a lot of action cameras on the market, but a few cameras allow you to capture non-stop videos. Battery life becomes one of the most challenging things to maintain. Try to get an action camera that will enable you to capture optimum moments.
Action cameras have many mounts that allow you to attach your action camera to different places. The more you have, the better photos and videos you can shoot. You never know where you can get the best view, so having a lot of extra mounts is cool.
We all want smooth videos, so holding an action camera in hand won’t be a good choice. While purchasing action cameras on the internet, purchase recommended accessories as well. All recommendations are unnecessary, but some are essential to capture good moments.
List of The Best Budget Action Cameras
Keeping the emerging need for action cameras, we have catered information from the internet for you to get the best. Here is the ultimate list.
1. AKASO Brave 4 4K Action Camera
AKASO Brave 4 4k is one of the best budget action cameras on the market if you have a tight budget. Everything about this camera is top-notch quality, from 4K cameras to waterproof features. This is your top pick if you’re looking for a cheap waterproof action camera.
This camera will fulfill the needs of people who like diving and underwater photography. One of the critical features of this action camera is that you will get a small wristband with this camera.
AKASO Brave 4 4K Camera features a 20MP Camera capable of shooting 4K /30fps, 2K/30fps, and 1080/60fps videos. This action camera will allow you to take ultra-HD photos. With this much camera quality, you can capture wonderful vivid moments easily.
The AKASO Brave 4 is a waterproof camera. This will allow you to shoot the underwater photo at a depth of 100 feet. This is preferably best for those who love surfing and scuba diving. This camera can easily capture every single moment under the water.
Make sure to cover it with a waterproof casing while shooting under the water. Remember, the remote wristband is not waterproof, so keep the wristband from water while using the camera under the water.
This action camera comes with a 1050 mAh battery. With this battery, you can record for up to 90 minutes. An interesting fact is you will get two batteries with this 4K action camera so you can film a long film together.
- Video Quality: 4K /30fps, 2K/30fps, and 1080/60fps
- Waterproof: Yes
- Battery Life: 1 hour 30 minutes.
- This action offers you a multi-angle view. According to your needs, you can adjust the camera.
- In the AKASO Brave 4, you will get a gyroscope option.
- One of the best features of the Akaso Brave 4 action camera is Its HDMI Port. Through this port, you can connect your Camera to Television.
- This action camera also features WiFi. So you can take and share pictures and videos instantly with your friends. Up to 10 meters, this WiFi works.
- This camera is affordable yet features 4K video quality.
- You will get two rechargeable 1050 mAh batteries for prolonged projects.
- To operate this camera, you will get a remote wristband.
Cons: The only drawback we’ve found in this camera is the remote you get with this camera; the wristwatch is not waterproof.
2. Apexcam M90 PRO EIS Action Camera
Are you searching for a camera that comes under 100 dollars? If so, let us introduce you to one of the best budget-friendly action cameras on the market. We are talking about the Apexcam M90 PRO EIS Action Camera. This affordable 4k action camera comes under 100 dollars.
The Apexcam M90 PRO EIS’s lens is one of its prime qualities. This camera comes with a multi-wide angle view so you can get the best pictures according to the right angles. This camera has an F1.8, 7-layer HD optical glass lens that offers up to 170 wide tips. The circle of the features automated wide-angle adjustment and fisheye correction features.
A new, improved, and waterproof case is included with the Apexcam M90 PRO EIS Action Camera. We recommend this cheap waterproof action camera if you love underwater photography and have a tight budget.
The Apexcam M90 PRO has a professional IP68 waterproof rating of 40 meters. Therefore, if you are an experienced diver, it can be handy for you. You can use this camera without a problem.
The best feature of this camera is the ability to wirelessly connect your sports camera to your phone by downloading the “LIVE DV” app. You may control your phone’s camera using this application. You can take pictures, make videos, download files, modify settings, and post photos and videos on social media and other things effectively.
- Video Quality: 4K/30fps video and 20mp
- Waterproof: Yes
- Battery Life: 3 hours 30 minutes.
- The Apexcam M90Pro sports camera offers ultra-high definition image quality with EIS electronic image stabilization for adequate image quality and stability.
- This camera offers 4K/30fps video and 20mp photo quality.
- This camera has a 170° wide-angle lens. Your video images can be automatically adjusted without correction with this wide-angle lens.
- Features like Time-lapse, looping video, burst images, continuous lapse, and other features are available in this action camera.
- The tough IP68 casing of the Apexcam M90 PRO EIS Action Camera is water resistant up to 40 meters.
- This action camera is excellent for water sports, including surfing, rafting, swimming, and diving.
3. DEVETOP 4K Action Camera
The DEVETOP 4K Action Camera is famous for its underwater filming capability. With the sturdy waterproof case of this underwater camera, you can dive up to 40 meters (131ft). This camera is an ideal choice for various water sports, including snorkeling, surfing, rafting, etc.
You will get two microphones in this action camera. One is external, and the other is built-in. DEVETOP action camera allows you to record high-quality audio. You don’t need to bother about the low audio quality issue.
You can record clear videos with quality sound from a long distance. Additionally, the outside noise can be corrected appropriately by using an external microphone. This function will enhance your VLOG’s natural sound quality.
This action camera comes with two rechargeable 1050 mAh batteries that each last nearly 90 minutes. A double charger that can quickly and easily charge two batteries simultaneously is also included. So you do not have to worry about the battery’s run time.
- Video Quality: K/30fps, 2.7K/30FPS, 1080P/60FPS, 1080P/30FPS, 720P/120FPS video resolution and 20MP images
- Waterproof: Yes
- Battery Life: 1 hour 30 minutes.
- You can obtain high-quality images and videos with a DEVETOP action camera.
- This action comes with a 20 MP photo camera, and the video resolutions are 4K/30fps, 2.7K/30fps, 1080P/60fps, 1080P/30fps, and 720P/120fps.
- This underwater camera has a durable IP68 protective casing that provides better water resistance capability.
- Six layers of optical glass lens are provided with the DEVETOP 4K Action Camera.
- This action camera can intelligently rectify the screen, resulting in preset, automatic, 170°wide angle video shots.
4. VEMONT Action Camera
We all love action cameras. Don’t we? But a good-quality action camera is quite expensive. Some cameras are cheap but don’t fulfill our needs. But here is some great news for you. VEMONT Action Camera is something that you would like to purchase if you have a tight budget. This inexpensive action camera has many professional features that will leave your jaw down.
The VEMONT Action Camera is ideal for driving, gliding, skiing, snorkeling, climbing, and other outdoor activities.
With VEMONT Action Camera, you can shoot awesome videos of moving objects, quick or slow motion; whatever modes you choose for the moment, you can easily select that, and with the WiFi features, you can share your amazing video and photos instantly.
- Video Quality: 1080P HD
- Waterproof: Yes, up to 30m (98ft)
- Battery Life: 1 hour 30 minutes.
- You can record every moment with this action camera’s 2x zoom wide-angle lens and 1080P video up to 30 frames per second.
- With a high-quality waterproof case, you can shoot videos underwater.
- There is a 900mAh detachable rechargeable battery included with the Vemont action camera.
- With this camera, you can record videos for 90 minutes without interruptions.
- You will get a real-time display of the 2-inch LCD screen on which you can check the video quality and apertures.
- This company offers a one-year guarantee and lifelong technical assistance. A reputable customer care team will promptly respond to your emails.
5. AKASO V50 Elite 4K60fps Touch Screen WiFi Action Camera
With the AKASO V50 Elite action camera, you can capture the highest resolution of 4K videos at 60 frames per second. This action camera can flawlessly capture fast-moving objects. This tiny but powerful action camera is easy to control thanks to its 2-inch touch screen with an IPS display. It is now simpler to set, preview, and shoot.
With voice commands like “Action Start Video” and “Action Photo,” you can efficiently operate your AKASO V50 Elite action camera without using your hands. This feature makes this action camera one of the best on the internet.
With Advanced Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) in a V50 action camera, you can shoot fast-moving objects smoothly. The only flaw of this action camera is when you choose a video resolution of all 720P, 4K 60FPS, 2.7K 60FPS, or 1080P 120FPS; image stabilization gets turned off.
- Video Quality: 4K/30fps, 4K/60fps, , 2.7K/60fps, 2.7K/30fps, 720P/240fps, 1080P/120fps,
- Waterproof: UP TO 131FT
- Battery Life: 1080P/About 90 mins, 4K/2K/About 60 mins.
- With voice commands like “Action Start Video” and “Action Photo,” you can manage your AKASO V50 Elite action camera without using your hands.
- V50 Elite action camera’s built-in Advanced Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) anticipates your motions and corrects for camera shake to provide super smooth footage.
- You can see a switch between Wide, Medium, and Narrow camera angle to suit your demands.
- The distortion calibration feature in this sports camera doesn’t distort the image quality.
- You can shoot videos with this action camera with a waterproof case.
- Up to 131 feet. The perfect location for water sports like swimming, surfing, diving, and snorkeling.
6. SJCAM SJ4K 4K30FPS
The SJ4K action camera features a 2″ display and an Ultra HD 4K video recording. This is a perfect choice for people who love wide-angle photography and video. With capabilities like Burst Photos, Time Lapse Photos, and Continuous Lapse Photos, SJ4K will fulfill your photo and video quality.
We recommend this action camera to those seeking a pocket-friendly action camera with stabilization. This camera is easily carryable in your pocket as its size is 2.33 x 1.61 x 1.17 inches.
You will get a lot of features in this camera that you can only get at expensive action cameras like GoPro. So people who want to buy the best budget-friendly GoPro alternative camera can opt for this.
- Video Quality: 4K / 30FPS, 1080P / 30FPS, 2K / 30FPS
- Waterproof: 98FT Waterproof
- Battery Life: 70 and 90 minutes
- You can control this action camera with a WiFi wireless remote control access. Approximately up to 33 feet, you can control the camera.
- You can shoot underwater videos too with this camera. The maximum limit is 98 feet under the water.
- With a 2.0’’LCD HD display, you can preview beautiful videos and photos in motion anytime, anywhere.
7. GoPro HERO5 Black Waterproof Digital Action Camera
One of the best action cameras of all time is GoPro Hero 5. This is also one of the cheapest action cameras among all the GoPro action camera series. If you want to take your photography and videography level to another dimension, then GoPro Hero 5 is the best choice.
With GoPro Hero 5 action camera, you can take stunning 4K videos and 12MP photos with a single lens; Burst and Time Lapse modes are also there to enhance your filmography. The best part is that GoPro Hero 5 is one of the cheap action cameras with HD slow motion features on the market at a reasonable price.
- Video Quality: 5.3K60 / 4K120
- Waterproof: Yes
- Battery Life: 120 minutes (1080p / 30fps) GoPro HERO 10—83 minutes (HyperSmooth High)
- You can shoot excellent videos 10 meters under the water.
- It gives you a different range of time-lapse.
- This action camera features voice control activity.
- To get a preview of your recent videos, you will get 2 inches of touch waterproof display.
8. COOAU 4K 20MP WiFi Action Camera
With the COOAU CU-SPC06 action camera, you can film stunning 4K/2.7K/1080p videos. Along with this, you will get a 20 MP camera for still photography. YouTubers looking for inexpensive action cameras for their vlogs can choose this one.
In this action camera, you can adjust the image brightness following the environment and your personal preferences as far as possible. You don’t have to worry about how the weather and light affect the shot; this action camera provides an immersive experience.
To access the camera quickly, you just need to download the “LIVE DV” app, connect your phone to the camera over WiFi and change a few settings; now the camera is entirely in your hands. You can now take images, record videos, download data, and change settings.
- Video Quality: 4K/30FPS（others only 25FPS）, 2.7K/30FPS, 1080P/60FPS, 720P/120FPS
- Waterproof: up to 30M to 40M
- Battery Life: 45 minutes
- The case increases waterproofing from 30 to 40 meters. Just take in the deeper undersea world’s sights.
- The camera can record more when capturing landscapes or significant moments thanks to its 170° wide angle.
- With the remote control, you can operate your camera remotely from a distance of 10 meters.
- This camera has all the features you might want or need, such as self-timer, burst photo, upside-down, white balance, loop recording, time-lapse recording, slow motion, and so on.
9. AKASO Brave 7 Action Cam
Are you a vlogger searching for an affordable vlogging camera under $200? Then go with this AKASO Brave 7 action camera. With the stroke of a button, you can capture everything with the two screens of the Brave 7 action camera. A bright front screen makes it simple to position yourself in any situation, while the back screen offers a clear, responsive display.
The 4K/30fps video function on this action camera ensures that your movie looks authentic while preserving sharp, distinct detail. It enables you to capture fleeting beauty or the smallest facial gestures, even at rapid speeds.
With voice commands like “AKASO Video Start” and “AKASO Take photo,” you can operate your AKASO Brave 7 action camera hands-free. The voice commands make taking pictures and recording videos simple.
- Video Quality: 4K30fps, 2.7K30FPS
- Waterproof: 10M/33FT
- Battery Life: 1 hr 41mins
- You may immediately film, edit, and publish videos on social media with the AKASO GO app.
- This action camera supports an external microphone, allowing you to record sound in all directions.
- The 2.4GHz wireless remote lets you remotely operate your AKASO Brave 7 camera.
- You can quickly check the shooting content on its built-in LCD screen.
- You may operate your AKASO Brave 7 action camera hands-free by speaking commands like “AKASO Video Start” and “AKASO Take photo.”
- The 4K/30fps video function on this action camera ensures that your movie looks authentic while preserving sharp, distinct detail.
10. Dragon Touch 4K Action Camera
4K super HD video recording is available on the Dragon Touch action camera. To capture your experience with crisp, clear video quality, you may record amazing 4K 30FPS/1080P 60FPS video and 20MP photos.
Simply pressing the remote control’s button will allow you to take images or record videos. You won’t have to search for your camera when you put the action camera on your helmet, selfie stick, etc. The remote isn’t water-resistant.
This action camera 4k, which has a driving mode, loop recording, and image rotation features, can also be used as a dash camera on your card—making a travel video of the lovely scenery.
- Video Quality: 4K/30FPS, 2.7K/30fps, 1080P/60FPS
- Waterproof: 100FT
- Battery Life: 90 minutes
- Zoom levels on this camera range from 1.0X to 4.0X.
- After inserting your camera and tightly fastening it in the waterproof case, you can dive down to 100ft (30m).
- Put the wireless remote control on your wrist while mounting the camera on a helmet, selfie stick, or another convenient object to capture moments in time.
- The Dragon Touch 4K action camera has a variety of capabilities, such as driving mode, image rotation, time-lapse, burst photography, loop recording, slow motion, drama shot, and white balance, among others.
- Each battery in the action video camera 4k can record up to 90 minutes, and it comes with two rechargeable 1050mAh batteries, a remote control bracelet, and 18 accessory kits.
11. Exprotrek Action Camera
If you want almost every feature that an action camera offers at a reasonable price, then the Exprotrek action camera is a great choice. In this camera, you will get underwater shooting, EIS adjustable view angle, stabilizer, touch screen, sports mode, 2G wireless remote, and many other things.
You can purchase this camera at a reasonable price. You can get this camera for under 100 dollars on amazon.
- Video Quality: 4K/30FPS, 2.7K/30fps, 1080P/60FPS
- Waterproof: 100FT
- Battery Life: 90 minutes
- Professional 4K 60fps & 2.7K 60fps video with 20MP images at up to 30 frames per second for incredible photos, or four times the resolution of standard HD cameras, is available with the 4K Ultra HD Action Camera.
- It supports up to 128 GB micro SD card.
- This 4K action camera has an IP68 waterproof housing that is strong and waterproof to 40 meters (130 ft).
- You can simply push a button on the remote control to control the camera, frame a recording, or start recording video using 4G wireless technology.
FAQ: Best Action Camera on a Budget
1. Is a Sony action camera better than GoPro?
A: When it comes to Sony and GoPro, you cannot compare these two action cameras. They have their perks.
2. Which GoPro is best and cheap?
A: Among all the GoPro action camera series, GoPro 8 is the best one. This is cheap yet durable. So if you want to buy an action camera, you should go with GoPro 8.
3. What is the best resolution quality for an action camera?
A: The best resolution for an action camera is 1080 HD quality. Below this resolution, your video quality may deteriorate.
4. What are the disadvantages of an action camera?
A: The action camera does not come with a viewfinder which may sometimes make you bother when you want to check the clicked images of shot videos.