18 Best and Cheap Hiking Boots of 2023: Buying Guide
Hiking is a great way to explore the great outdoors, but it can be tough on your feet and your wallet. Luckily, you don’t need to spend a fortune on hiking boots to enjoy your next adventure.
All hikers know the importance of hiking boots or shoes that are waterproof, durable, and lightweight. I understood its importance significantly during my hike to Vivian Creek trail, a tough and steep hike in Southern California over rocky terrain.
Well, there are a lot of options to choose the best hiking boots from online or offline stores. You will see many articles on reviews of the best waterproof hiking boots. Undoubtedly, those are outstanding products, but most of them are expensive.
But if you are a budget traveler, backpacker, or die-hard hiker who has a limited budget for hiking gear, then this article on the best affordable hiking boots is for you.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy something through one of those links, you won’t pay any extra penny, but I’ll get a small commission that encourages me to deliver more helpful content for you.
Hiking is a great way to explore the great outdoors, but it can be tough on your feet and your wallet. Luckily, you don’t need to spend a fortune on hiking boots to enjoy your next adventure.
Here is my research on finding the best budget hiking boots for multi-day hikes. This post also includes hiking boot categories and the best hiking shoe buying guide which helps you to choose the right product as per your need and budget.
However, if you are in a hurry and don’t have enough time to read the full article then check out my best pick below.
For an extremely comfortable, lightweight, and durable option at an affordable price, I will recommend you to choose Columbia Newton Ridge Plus Li hiking boot.
This versatile leather hiking boot contains a high-quality advanced traction rubber sole and delivers long-lasting comfort with superior cushioning, and contrasting color combinations.
Let’s check the difference between hiking boots and hiking shoes, the hiking boot category, and what you should consider while buying an inexpensive hiking boot.
Table of Contents
Hiking Shoes vs. Hiking Boots
Some people get confused while searching for hiking footwear. There is some difference between hiking shoes and hiking boots. The main difference between hiking shoes and hiking boots is the height and weight of the footwear.
Low-cut hiking shoes are often lighter and more flexible, making them ideal for day walks or less difficult terrain. Conversely, hiking boots have a higher cut that provides greater ankle support and debris protection, making them a better option for longer hikes or more difficult terrain.
If you are planning for a long-distance overnight hike or hiking with a heavy backpack in a rainy or snowy conditions, a good-quality hiking boot should be your first choice.
Affordable Hiking Boot Categories
Lightweight Hiking Boot
Lightweight boots are light(don’t compare them with extremely light hiking shoes), flexible but enough tough for a longer day hike. I used Keen Targhee II in most of the hikes in Switzerland. It is an excellent budget-friendly lightweight hiking boot that uses a waterproof liner and a good amount of mesh and nylon. As long as you are carrying a heavy backpack, this lightweight hiking boot is the best option to go with.
Midweight Hiking Boot
Midweight boots are ideal if you are looking for a balanced option that doesn’t compromise the sturdiness of the boot. It is pricier compared to lightweight hiking boots due to its quality material and construction techniques. Timberland White Ledge Mid Waterproof Ankle Boot is a cheap midweight hiking boot that’s not too heavy but offers solid ankle support.
Heavyweight Hiking Boot
These are built to tackle tough and rocky terrain with a heavy backpack on a longer overnight hike. Heavyweight boots are stiff and incredibly reliable and popular for their excellent performance in any weather condition. Although this type of hiking boot tends to be expensive, the comfortability and durability pay off the high price. We recommend Ariat Terrain Waterproof hiking boots in this category. It is fully waterproof, robust, comfortable, and reasonably priced.
Cheap Hiking Boot Buying Guide
These are some key areas that you should consider while purchasing the best value hiking boot, otherwise, you may spend your hard-earned money on the worst product. Here, we have considered the below metrics to sort the best cheap hiking boots. Comfort, traction, stability, water resistance, protection, weight, breathability, and durability are the metrics.
It is the most important factor when choosing the best inexpensive hiking boots for men or women. Hikers always prefer to choose boots that deliver comfort to the upper and underfoot. Fit is another important key. You wouldn’t want to wear an ill-fitted hiking boot during a long hike.
You may have to face any type of obstacle like loose rocks, slippery boulders, or muddy paths. A good hiking boot with solid traction can be the savior in such cases. It gives hikers more confidence to hike any tough trails.
A good cheap hiking boot will keep your feet dry and it is very important to keep your feet warm when hiking in the winter or rainy season. Waterproof hiking shoes can withstand a moderate amount of water and you can easily cross creeks and snow-filled areas.
We have also looked at the reviews if these hiking boots provide solid protection for your toe, ankle, and underfoot. Most hiking boots offer more protection from various obstacles than cheap hiking shoes.
Weight is an important and relative factor. Unarguably, every hiker would love to buy a lightweight hiking boot. It is more comfortable, flexible, and perfect for a day hike or recreational hike. But if you are going for an overnight hike with a heavy backpack on tough terrain, you can understand the importance of a sturdy(mid-heavy weight) hiking boot.
A summer hike can be pretty uncomfortable if your hiking boot doesn’t have good ventilation. If your boot doesn’t breathe well, it may cause sweaty and swollen feet.
We kept a close look at the budget as well as long-lasting characteristics while creating the list of cheap hiking boots for men and women. You shouldn’t expect your boot will last forever. Most of these hiking boots are significantly durable despite being cheap and affordable. The durability of a hiking boot depends on various factors such as the type of hiking, weather conditions, and the hiker’s gait.
Best and Cheap Hiking Boots for Men and Women
From durable and waterproof options to comfortable and stylish picks, I’ve got you covered. I have compiled this list for you to understand all of the features, advantages, and disadvantages of every cheap hiking boot. So, grab your backpack and get ready to discover affordable hiking footwear that will keep your feet happy on the trail.
1. Keen Men’s Explore Mid Waterproof Hiking Boots
Weight: 907 g
- TPU overlay on the upper fabric ensures the user’s foot gets a little more protection without making it heavy
- Its probiotic technology with Eco Anti-Odor treatment breakdown the odor of sweat keeping it fresh
- For good lateral stability, Keen uses a radial support system on the midsole
- Polyurethane footbeds can be removed
Though Keen Waterproof hiking boots are expensive my friend Kelvin is using them for more than 3 years now and went on several rigorous mountain hikes. He wore these boots on a snowy Sierra Nevada trek too. Keen Bellows Flex system with a pleated flex zone ensures the user faces very less walking friction.
Secure lacing system with padded ankle cuff cushioned PU insole, and compression-molded EVA foam midsole guarantees your comfort on every hard terrain you climb. I’ve heard Kelvin saying that the stability shank of Keen boots is so good that the user will love the torsional stability and firmness in each stride.
In terms of traction, this model has employed Keen All-Terrain compound with rubber blends ensuring grip on loser trails in wet conditions. On the other hand, the breathable membranes inside the boot ensure your feet stay dry all day even after you walk on snow, wet trails, mud, and stream.
Con: The material might get flexible over time and gradually become brittle
2. Vasque Men’s Talus at Ud Mid Hiking Boot
Weight: 1212 g
- Several eyelets, metal hooks, padded collar, and tongue at the boot’s rearfoot zone offer a complete fit
- An UltraDry laminate symbol ensures protection from wet
- The upper nubuck leather with resistant mesh fabric keeps the boot sturdy
You can wear Vasque Men’s Talus hiking boots while traveling, hiking trails, walking around the town, exploring the Rocky Mountains, or going out with your friends. The Gore-Tex leather construction keeps it so updated for outdoor adventures! This lightweight but supportive weatherproof boot is perfect for stony tumble trails.
The Vasque membrane is completely waterproof keeping your feet dry even if you put your legs on melting snow! Vibrane Mega Nuasi outsole prioritizes traction and keeping feet warm. The boots are insulated ensuring versatility in various weather conditions.
At the sole’s forefoot and rearfoot zone, various ridges control your walking stride. Vasque Talus AT UltraDry and thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) shank come with EVA foam that offers a cushioned ride and underfoot support.
- Boots are heavy
- Narrow toe box
3. Columbia Newton Ridge Plus II Hiking Boot
Weight: 2 lbs(Midweight)
Waterproof: Yes (Omni-Tech)
- The lightweight midsole offers super comfort
- A waterproof hiking boot for slick streets and rugged terrain
- A durable product with leather coated ideal for rugged environments
- Advanced Omni-Grip non-marking rubber sole gives solid traction
- Mesh and Suede upper panels provide breathable ventilation
The Columbia Newton Ridge Plus II Hiking Boot is a high-quality, durable option for hikers seeking comfort and support on the trail. These boots are a fantastic choice for serious outdoor enthusiasts thanks to their waterproof construction, superior traction, and fashionable appearance.
It is one of the best affordable hiking boots for beginners with a lightweight midsole that delivers long-lasting superior cushioning for impact absorption and high energy return which enhances its performance. The advanced traction outsole provides a high grip on every terrain to prevent slipping.
Columbia Newton Ridge boot is waterproof and the breathable shell material will keep your feet cool in hot summer. The modern design, meshy upper and PU coated leather keep your feet comfortable, dry, and very happy throughout the hike. You will get all of these features at a very affordable price.
4. Timberland White Ledge Mid Waterproof Ankle Boot
Weight: 1 lb(Lightweight)
Waterproof: Waterproof leather/gusseted tongue
- Premium waterproof 100 % leather uppers have full seam sealing construction.
- Rustproof, speed lace hardware with hooks for secure lacing
- Solid rubber outsoles with multidirectional lugs for traction on varied terrain
- Compression-molded EVA footbeds and midsoles provide excellent cushioning.
For hikers and outdoor enthusiasts, the Timberland White Ledge Mid Waterproof Ankle Boot is a dependable and functional choice. With waterproof leather and seam-sealed construction, these boots provide excellent protection against the elements. Their durable design, comfortable fit, and superior traction make them a top choice for any adventure.
This hiking boot from Timberland got 4.5 stars on Amazon for its excellent built quality, comfortability, and durability. The uppers are made with 100% premium waterproof leather so that your feet will never get wet.
It has stiff construction and a thick midsole and outsoles that isolate your feet from rocks. You can wear this cheap hiking boot throughout the year. The boot is compatible with snowshoeing and even for light mountaineering.
You can also use microspikes with this hiking boot if you plan for hiking in snow and ice. Here is our 14 best reviewed microspikes for hiking in snow and ice.
What else can you expect under $100? You’re sure to have an outdoor positive experience when you wear this waterproof boot on your feet.
5. Merrell Moab 2 Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot
Weight: 2.82 lb(Midweight)
Waterproof: M Select Dry
- Adaptive hiking boot for wet or dry terrain
- Full-grain leather and suede tongues and collars
- Equipped with a waterproof and ventilated M Select Dry upper
- Merrell Kinetic Fit Base contoured EVA footbed provides flexible heel support.
- Merrell Air cushion in the heel absorbs shock and offers stability
- Compression-molded EVA midsole maintains stability and long hike comfort
- Vibram TC5+ sole ensures unencumbered traction in varied conditions
Whether you are looking for cheap men’s hiking boots or cheap women’s hiking boots for your next weekend hike, I bet you would love Merrell Moab 2 hiking boots.
These boots were a great help when I was crossing a body of water on the Glen Alpine Trail, a popular hike in the Lake Tahoe area. I was surprised to see my completely dry feet after passing the water crossing. At a very cheap price, they offer waterproof membranes, cushioning underfoot, and trusty Vibram outsoles.
It is their updated version which was launched a few years ago. The second version got more popularity for its improved underfoot cushioning, better-designed insole with a higher arch, and more waterproof suede upper with breathable M Select Dry membrane – that made it one of the best budget walking boots.
Moreover, the EVA midsole acts as an excellent shock absorber and the Vibram TC5+ outsole offers enough traction to hike any terrain.
However, we would not recommend this boot if you are going for a long overnight hike. When you hike on steep rocky terrain for a long time, you will feel that the traction is lacking. Else, for day hiking or backpacking, the boot is perfect.
Read Also: Top 10 Beach Coolers with Wheels
6. Nortiv 8 Ankle-High Waterproof Hiking Boot
Weight: 2.55 lb(Midweight)
- Flexible and comfortable with a removable insole and shock absorbing MD midsole.
- Waterproof construction that keeps your feet dry
- Durable and slip-resistant
- Lightweight yet great stability
- Fantastic grip with a rugged rubber outsole
- Synthetic toe protection for anti-collision
Nortiv 8 Ankle-High boot is probably the cheapest one on this list. Although it is not as popular as Salomon Quest or Timberland, they are growing in popularity very fast. And the reason behind this craze is to sell good-quality hiking boots at an insanely cheap price. Most of amazon’s customers are very much satisfied with their product and gave them 4.5 stars.
Surprisingly, this boot feels much lighter than its looks let on. Even at this price range, this is the only hiking boot that provides high ankle coverage to protect accidentally rolled ankles.
The removable insole gives more flexibility and offers arch support. The midsole absorbs the maximum shock and reduces foot fatigue.
7. Timberland Men’s Flume Waterproof Boot
Weight: 1.5 lb(Lightweight)
Waterproof: Full-grain waterproof
- Padded collar with a fully gusseted tongue keeps debris from entering the boot
- Waterproof leather upper construction keeps feet dry
- Lace up front for a secure fit with rustproof speed lace hardware for added durability
- Shock-absorbing EVA midsole adds lightweight comfort
- EVA memory foam footbed for added comfort
- Solid, rubber outsole with multi-directional lugs on varied terrain
In the fit department, Timberland Men’s Flume boot is a sparkling success. The boot is applauded by most Amazon buyers for its remarkably precise fit, both in length and width. Moreover, the boot also astounds in the design, weight, and comfort categories.
The durable rubber outsole will let you challenge the natural wilderness. Its lightness amazed numerous users despite its rather beefy construction. Several users are astonished by this hiking boot’s excellence in providing warmth in cold temperatures.
However, some customers are not satisfied with its traction quality as it slipped on a wet surface. In conclusion, the Timberland Flume Waterproof boot is a perfect choice for countless outdoor adventures except on the terrain that gets slippery.
8. Columbia Men’s Trailstorm Hiking Shoes
Weight: 347 g
- The material is 100% synthetic with removal-able insole
- Techlite™ lightweight midsole offers good cushioning and lasting comfort needed while hiking or walking for long
- Adapt Trax™ outsole ensures a balance between traction and durability both in wet and dry conditions. Designed with Omni-Tech™ Technology
- Trade collar security offers good ankle mobility. It is designed with Navic Fit System™ Technology
Like me, if you’re not a huge fan of bulky hiking boots then you should check out Columbia’s Trailstorm. By default, the shoe feels lightweight, but guarantees you to take on nature and have as much fun as you desire!
Also, this is one of those budget hiking waterproof boots that are engineered with breathable mesh, Techilite + foam midsole that will support you throughout your off-the-beaten track. I love its grip structure especially the toe box, as it clings to different types of surfaces.
If by any chance your footfalls on 3-inch high puddles, with this boot, you’re all dry. However, sometimes I have seen my feet sweating while hiking for too long in sunny weather. I think the boot can do better with interior airflow.
I would love to add, Columbia’s Trailstorm is designed for casual hikers. Do not think to use it for tackling mountain hikes or winter mud baths. This boot comes under the casual hike category. Hence, the amount of versatility you’ll enjoy in this shoe is worth the money you spend!
- Not suited for anyone having wide feet or bunions
- Breathability is not up-to-the-mark
9. Skechers Relment Pelmo Chukka Waterproof Boot
Weight: 1.38 lb(Lightweight)
- 100% Leather and seam-sealed waterproof construction
- Ankle height design for added comfort and stability
- Optimized ground grip provides ultimate traction
- Shock absorbing midsole
- Memory foam insole enhances the shock-absorbing capability
- Mesh fabric collar and lace area detail for cooling effect
Designed for outdoor hiking, the Relment Pelmo hiking boot is ideal for individuals seeking comfort and style at an affordable price. Thanks to its seam-sealed waterproof upper construction for which it can keep the in-shoe area dry.
This waterproof Skechers product has an ankle height design, padded tongue, and collar to maximize comfort and stability. The midsole and Memory Foam insole grants more underfoot comfort. On the other hand, its lugged rubber outsole renders multidirectional traction on almost all types of terrain.
Some owners are not pleased with the boot’s low-quality lacing hardware and the stiff shaft at the ankle. In conclusion, you can buy this lightweight hiking boot if you are looking for comfort and amazing waterproofing features at a reasonable price.
10. Hi-Tek Logan Waterproof Hiking Boots
Weight: 2 lb(Midweight)
- Nice balance of stability and weight.
- Waterproof suede and top quality mesh upper
- Lightweight fork shank for flexibility and cushioned EVA midsole for reliable support
- Fabric lining and cushioned footbed for added comfort
- Ghillie-style lacing with rustproof hardware
- Multi-directional traction MDT rubber outsole
Are you looking for a cheap hiking shoe that is compatible with daily use? Hi-Tek Logan Hiking Boot is such a good product appreciated by most outdoor lovers. The boot is surprisingly lightweight and lined with a waterproof breathable membrane to regulate the in-shoe temperature.
The gusseted tongue helps to keep debris out from the boot. It is not the only feature that makes it a good budget hiking boot. The compression-molded EVA midsole for cushioned comfort with a nylon fork shank renders underfoot comfort.
Hi-Tek Logan also offers easy to use lacing system and a Multi-Directional Traction(MDT) outsole with deep lugs that can bite any kind of terrain and help to prevent slips and falls.
11. Keen Targhee Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot
Weight: 2 lb(Lightweight)
Waterproof: KEEN.DRY waterproof breathable membrane
- Waterproof nubuck leather and flexible comfy mesh uppers
- Removable dual-density EVA footbed boosts cushioning for solid support
- KEEN.DRY waterproof breathable membranes keep feet dry and healthy.
- Mid-height cuff offers support to help protect ankles from injury
- Gusseted tongue keeps out debris
- KEEN.PROTECT Rubber Toe Guards protect feet from impacts and abrasion
The Targhee II is a lightweight value-for-money hiking boot that has a great reputation among the hiking community. It gives you full confidence in all kinds of terrain with its proprietary outsole. The cushioned dual-density insole of this boot wraps your foot in soft comfort.
They have an innovative and useful lacing system. The middle webbing eyelets are designed in such a manner that provides full security to your heel by cinching it down in the heel cup. Although this is a waterproof leather boot, KEEN.DRY waterproof breathable membrane allows your feet to breathe.
Targhee’s non-marking rubber sole stuck well to wet and dry terrain. Even on muddy slopes, it performs very well. The premium quality nubuck leather made it a proper durable hiking boot. If you have wide feet and searching for a versatile boot, Keen Targhee is highly recommended for you.
12. Columbia Men’s Redmond V2 Mid Waterproof Hiking Shoe
Weight: 1.01 lb(Lightweight)
Waterproof: Omni-Tech™ waterproof breathable seam-sealed membrane
- Combination suede leather, mesh, and webbing
- Advanced traction with Omni Grip
- Superior cushioning with Techlite for better comfort
- Wrapped sidewalls and rubber overlays help adapt to uneven terrain
- Improved lateral stability
- Efficient in and around water
Supreme cushioning, high energy return lightweight Techlite midsole, Omni Grip advanced traction outsole with upper mesh combine to let you make the most of every step.
If you don’t like bulky hiking boots, but rather prefer feathery-feel lightweight shoes for day hiking, we will highly recommend going for this cheap hiking shoe.
It provides ample traction with aggressive 4mm lugs for digging deep into the mud and loose soil. However, this hiking shoe is not ideal for overnight hikes or on steep rocky hiking trails because of its inadequate arch support.
13. Mountain Warehouse Adventurer Women’s Waterproof Boot
Weight: 3.04 lb(Heavyweight)
- Waterproof membrane and synthetic upper
- Durable and breathable, keep your feet dry and fresh
- Cushioned footbed for extra comfort
- Hill and toe bumper to protect your feet
- Added deep lugs for grip and stability
Designed with a flexible synthetic upper, Adventurer Women’s Waterproof Boot is a reliable cheap women’s hiking boot. They are durable and breathable and keep your feet dry and warm all day long. Although they look rugged and chunky, actually they are very lightweight.
The boot features a cushioned footbed and supporting outsole with a fantastic grip that prevents falling and slipping on a wet or muddy surface. Don’t consider this boot if you are planning for a long overnight hike. It is the cheapest hiking boot on this list and is ideal for day hiking, casual walking, and general outdoor activities.
14. Timberland Chocorua Trail Waterproof Boot
Weight: 1.3 lb(Lightweight)
Waterproof: TimberDry waterproof breathable membrane
- Premium full-grain leather from an LWG Silver-rated tannery maximizes durability.
- Waterproof, breathable TimberDry eco-conscious membrane keeps your feet dry and fresh
- Rustproof speed lace hardware
- Fully gusseted tongue to keep out debris
- Anti-fatigue removable footbeds provide standing comfort and energy return
- EVA midsole delivers all-day cushioning and shock absorption
- Solid rubber outsole with multi-directional lugs for rugged traction
As you know Timberland is a very trustworthy brand and I have explained earlier about it. They have a variety of products that are listed on Amazon. If you’re looking for something more premium with more features than Timberland White Ledge or Flume then I recommend you to choose this hiking boot which is also budget-friendly.
It comes with anti-fatigue technology in removable footbeds that acts as a very good shock absorber and provide extra comfort and energy return. Moreover, the TimberDry membrane provides waterproof breathable protection and it also helps to keep your feet dry while allowing moisture vapor from sweat to pass through.
Secondly, these boots fit perfectly and are as lightweight and comfortable as tennis shoes. Chocorua Trail boots literally are an all-purpose shoe that is comfortable and good-looking enough to wear both indoors and outdoors. In outdoor activities, you can expect great ankle support and excellent traction.
15. Ariat Terrain Waterproof Hiking Boot
Weight: 3.1 lb(Heavyweight)
Waterproof: Waterproof Pro construction
- Unique ATS technology for superior flexibility and stability
- Waterproof oiled full-grain leather upper construction
- Good arch support to reduce foot fatigue
- EVA midsole for lightweight and superior cushioning for all-day comfort
- Duratread outsole provides maximum traction and wears resistance
Ariat’s Waterproof Terrain is one of the best hiking boots on a budget. You should go for it if budget and quality are your topmost priority. With waterproof leather and seam-sealed construction, this hiking boot is a perfect choice for hikers, trekkers, adventurers, and anyone who is looking for a comfortable boot at an affordable price.
Their highly effective ATS technology provides great stability and flexibility while the Waterproof Pro construction keeps your feet dry in wet conditions.
In addition, the moisture-wicking lining takes care of your optimum foot hygiene while the lightweight EVA midsole offers superior shock-absorption and cushioning. They use Duratread rubber outsoles that render grip and flexibility.
16. Merrell Moab 2 Vent Hiking Shoe
Weight: 1.1 lb(Lightweight)
- Leather and mesh uppers with protective rubber toe caps and breathable mesh lining
- Closed-cell foam tongues keep debris out
- Air-cushioned heel area absorb shock and add stability
- Company’s own M Select Fit.Eco and EVA midsoles provide stability and comfort
- Vibram TC5+ outsoles lend reliability on rugged terrain
- Molded nylon arch shanks add stability
Merrell is a popular shoe brand in the market. Every hiker knows this brand and people also purchase their products such as Merrell Moab 2 Vent. It is a cheap hiking shoe that is suitable for a short or moderate hike. I like its design and its excellent longevity.
I will highly recommend this product if you hike in warm weather. It has a waterproof membrane-free upper that is quite breathable through its mesh. So, even in extremely hot weather, your feet won’t be sweaty.
The heel support is amazing for the air-cushioned footbed and traction is solid enough to grip any rocky surface with its Vibram TC5+ outsoles. But the downside of this hiking shoe is water resistance capability. Water flows quickly when the shoe is submerged as it does not have a waterproof membrane.
17. New Balance Men’s 481 V3 Hiking Shoe
Weight: 0.65 lb(Lightweight)
- Mesh upper provides breathability and synthetic overlay for durability
- EVA midsole offers lightweight cushioning
- The lugged outsole provides multi-surface traction
- Mesh lining wicks away moisture
Designed for style, comfort, and durability, these budget hiking shoes are very lightweight and perfect for daily runs or short hikes on any kind of terrain. You can better consider it as a combination of running shoes and hiking shoes.
It is a cheap hiking shoe that looks good in leather and mesh upper construction but it doesn’t fit well. The ultra-soft cushioning and CUSH+ foam compound provide balanced stability and ultimate comfort. The lugged outsoles offer superior grip and multi-surface traction
18. Skechers Men’s Relment-Traven Hiking Boot
Weight: 1.09 lb(Lightweight)
- Seam-sealed design with waterproof durable leather upper
- Ankle height design for added comfort and heel support
- Padded collar and tongue for cooling effect
- Shock absorbing midsole and memory foam for a comfortable insole feel
- Flexible rubber high traction lug patterned outsole
Another masterpiece from the house of Skechers. Relment Traven hiking boot is a lightweight hiking boot that is loved by hikers for its stability, all-day comfort, and premium quality material at a cheap price.
The smooth waterproof leather upper incorporates a soft fabric lining that balances longevity and comfort. The cushioned midsole and the grippy outsole enhance performance on and off the trails. The textured synthetic overlays provide structural support and protect the heel and forefoot.
I personally feel investing in a good hiking boot is definitely worth it if you are an avid hiker. Although there are ample cheaper options available in the online and offline market, but if your budget is limited, I will suggest choosing a good and cheap hiking boot from the above list as per your need.
FAQs: Best Budget Hiking Boots
1. Is it ok to walk in hiking shoes?
A: Yes, you can walk around the towns, go to cafes, meet friends, or go shopping in your hiking shoes. Hiking shoes are designed for rough terrains but that doesn’t mean you cannot walk on normal flat terrains. However, hiking shoes are a little heavy compared to normal shoes. So, if you’re comfortable, you can wear it.
2. Is a lightweight boot better for hiking than a heavier one?
A: Yes, lightweight boots are better than heavier one as it keeps your feet flexible to move. Also, during hiking, lightweight boots are more comfortable to walk on harsh terrain.
3. Can I hike without hiking boots?
A: It completely depends upon the situation. If you’re hiking on paved nature trails then sneakers are good to go. But if you’re hiking on snow then normal shoes will get wet. Also, the terrain of Sierra Nevada needs shoes with good grips, or else you might fall down and break your leg.
4. How long should you wear hiking shoes?
A: You can wear your hiking shoes till it does not wear off. If you’ve hiked 500 – 1,000 miles, you should change it after 19 months. Again, it depends on the quality of the shoes.