Everyone loves camping. So do we!
People who love to travel do not care about the weather. Whether it’s summer or winter it is okay to go out and pitch a tent to enjoy camping.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy something through one of those links, you won’t pay any extra penny, but I’ll get a small commission that encourages me to deliver more helpful content for you.
However, summer camping is challenging. But camping in the summer is a little more hectic than usual. In a patchy summer, you cannot spend hours in a tent. So to make our camping experience better, technology has introduced us to tent air conditioners.
Yes! You heard it right. Today’s tent air conditioner is in style. They cool the air inside the tent and most importantly they are portable, easy to carry, and affordable.
Last summer, we enjoyed camping in Key West where most other campers had installed camping air conditioners in their tents. So we decided to get one for ourselves. Sara and I decided to read Google reviews before purchasing the best one. The SereneLife SLPAC10 Portable Air Conditioner is an excellent addition to our camping packing list.
This article will discuss some of the most effective air conditioners that can be used at tent camping. Read this article to find out which product is best for your next camping trip.
Buying Guide for The Best Tent Air Conditioner
Before we start to hop into the main section, you must check the below points to buy the best air conditioner in the market.
Now, if you’ve decided to purchase a tent air conditioner, you’re probably looking for something portable. Right? When shopping for a tent air conditioner, verifying the size and dimensions listed in the product description box is essential.
You will be able to form an opinion regarding the portability of this item. When going on a trip, the last thing anyone wants to do is lug around a bunch of heavy stuff, so space is an issue here.
Window to Exhaust the Hot Air:
When you turn on an air conditioner, you know it will begin emitting warm air from its exhaust vents. Make sure a window in your tent lets some of this hot air out. To get rid of the oppressive heat inside the tent, position the air conditioner so that it faces the side of the window closest to you. Then, use a vest hose to expel the air.
People who love camping always try to escape from the bustling crowd and its noise. The majority of air conditioners that are powered by batteries have a noisy startup process. Before purchasing any tent air conditioner, it is essential to check the dB rating of the product. So that you will have a peaceful time during camping.
When you are searching for a tent air conditioner, you should always refer to the EER, which stands for energy efficiency rating, to determine how much power the air conditioner will require. Consequently, we are free to turn on the air conditioner.
A handful of websites have listed or reviewed tent air conditioners. Now, when we searched, we became disappointed with the Google results. So we purchased the SereneLife SLPAC10 portable air conditioner. If you want to directly choose the best tent air conditioner on the market, then go with this one.
Are you in a rush?
The SereneLife SLPAC10 is one of the market’s best and most demanding tent air conditioners. It has a sleek design, a portable weight, and 10,000 BTUs (British Thermal Units).
Approximately 350+ square feet is ideal for installing this portable tent air conditioner. You can use this air conditioner to cool down the surrounding atmosphere in a couple of minutes from the bedroom to the living room.
The minimum power consumption to cool down an area is the best feature that SLPAC10 offers. Its 290 m3/hr cooling technology cools down the room quickly.
The interesting fact about this air conditioner is that it doesn’t make much noise and can efficiently dehumidify itself. This is what we liked the most about this tent air conditioner. So if you’re in a rush, look no further and buy this product.
Best Tent Air Conditioner
1. Shinco 8,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner
Shinco is a well-known brand that has been researching and producing portable air conditioners for over 20 years. Their products always stand out when it comes to customer satisfaction.
The Shinco 8000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner is one of the best products they have ever manufactured. You can use this air conditioner to cool down an area of 200 square feet. Shinco provides a digital display for this air conditioner, keeping user-friendliness in mind.
Shinco’s 8000 BTU portable air conditioner also features 3-in-1 functionality. Simply put, this 3-in-1 technology incorporates a fan, an air conditioner, and a humidifier. So according to the weather, you can use this air conditioner in your tent.
- Cooling capacity: 200 sq ft
- Size: 14.69 x 13.46 x 29.63 inches
- Weight: 53.9 pounds
- Noise level: 55 dB
- Power consumption: 115 volts
- The Shinco 8000 BTU comes with a digital display to show the current status of the air conditioner.
- This air conditioner has a 55 dB output so you will have a noise-free experience in your tent.
- Anyone, whether an expert or an amateur, can easily install this air conditioner; it is straightforward.
- You do not need any extra tools to install the AC.
- This tent air conditioner has a one-year warranty, so you can use it without worrying about your outdoor camping experience.
2. TOSOT 8,000 BTU (ASHRAE) 5,000 BTU (DOE) Portable Tent Air Conditioner
When it comes to the electrical field industry, Gree Electric Appliances are well-known for both its brand and its quality. One of their other affiliated businesses is known as TOSOT.
TOSOT is an electrical appliance manufacturer serving its customers since the company was established in 2003. The Tosot 8000 Portable Air Conditioner is the company’s most successful product.
If you are looking for an air conditioner capable of cooling a larger room area (300 sq ft), then you can go for this one. This is not a single-use gadget, but you can use it as a fan, dehumidifier, and portable AC.
TOSOT has included a fantastic feature in this product: sleep mode. So while you’re sleeping, your Air conditioner will turn off on its own. Installing this compact tent air conditioner takes around 15 minutes.
- Cooling capacity: 300 square feet
- Size: 11.8″D x 15.4″W x 30.4″H
- Weight: 55 pounds
- Noise level: 49 dB.
- Power consumption: 115 volts
- This air conditioner can cool up to 300 square feet.
- In less than 15 minutes, anybody can install the air conditioner without trouble.
- Sleep mode will work if you fall asleep and often forget to turn off the AC.
- The TOSOT air conditioner includes S-fan technology, which keeps the fan running slowly and reduces noise.
- This air conditioner provides a reusable air filter, so you don’t have to worry about buying a new one every time.
- The noise is not that loud so you will have a great sleep.
- This portable AC unit weighs around 55 pounds; you can easily carry it.
- The child lock technology will disable all functions. Only you will be able to operate it with remote control. So it is safer for those who have children at home.
3. Mollget 1400-ml Portable Evaporative Personal Air Cooler
The Mollget 1400 ml is one of the most aesthetically pleasing and transportable air coolers. This portable air cooler features a dual ultrasonic speed, which sets it apart from similar products on the market. This innovation decreases the temperature in the affected area much more quickly than its rivals.
The most significant plus point to purchasing this cooler is its large 1400 ml water tank, which can run for 8 to 10 hours without refilling the water frequently. If you always have trouble carrying big air coolers, you can go for this one as it is small and comes with a handle. So you can take it easy. Daily Campers or hikers will love this product.
- Cooling capacity: Reduce the temperature up to 45-50℉
- Size: 7.54″D x 11.48″W x 6.77″H
- Weight: 2.81 pounds
- Noise level: 50 dB
- Power consumption: 5 volts (DC)
- One of the best parts of this air conditioner is its water reminder. You can quickly see how much water is inside the cooler.
- The water tank capacity is around 1400 ml, which is large compared to other coolers on the market.
- Outcomes with eight different LEDs. This is a perfect way to get rid of boredom. According to the time, you can change it.
- The shutter is adjustable to control the airflow per your needs.
- The water tank can be easily refilled, and it’s not leachable.
4. Honeywell Fan and Humidifier
Are you looking for a portable air conditioner that will provide you with many years of reliable service? The Honeywell Air Conditioner will fully satisfy all of your prerequisites.
This is currently one of the best tent air conditioners available for camping. This air conditioner has a streamlined and sturdy body that will provide a long service life for the user.
The Honeywell air conditioner’s water tank is detachable, making it easier to refill and attach the water tank to it. One of the best features of this air conditioner is its digital display, where you can see multiple options to operate the cooler.
Also, you will get the chance to set a timer so that when you’re not around, it sets the time and turns off automatically.
- Cooling capacity: 150 square feet
- Size: 15.7″D x 15.7″W x 31.5″H
- Weight: 18.5 pounds
- Noise level: 50 bB
- Power consumption: 102 watts
- This air conditioner doesn’t consume much energy, so you don’t have to worry about the bills.
- The design is trendy, which goes well with all kinds of rooms and atmospheres.
- A digital display will be there to see the modes.
- You can operate this air cooler with a remote as well.
- The 10-gallon water tank will quickly provide comfort for 8 to 10 hours.
- The detachable water tank is a plus for the product.
- This air conditioner has three modes in one, so according to your needs, you can switch from a fan to a humidifier to an air conditioner.
- The cooling capacity is 300 cubic feet per minute, which makes this conditioner a fast cooling machine.
5. BLACK+DECKER 8,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner with Remote Control
The BLACK+DECKER 8000 BTU is an excellent choice if you need a powerful air conditioner. This air conditioner can cool down an area of 350 square feet in no time. The 24-hour timer in this air conditioner will help you save energy.
Once you fix the time, you don’t have to worry about it. The timer will automatically turn itself off. The BLACK+DECKER cooler has a three-mode fan. So when you need it, you can increase the speed or slow down the fan.
People looking for a small air cooler may be interested in this one. It has the capability of cooling down the air in a 350-square-foot area.
- Cooling capacity: 150 sq. ft.
- Size: 16.5″ D x 26″ W x 11.5″ H
- Weight: 52.9 pounds
- Noise level: 54 dB
- Power consumption: 115 volts
- The maximum cooling capacity of this air cooler is up to 350 square feet.
- As the name implies, this cooler has an 8000 BTU capacity, which allows it to cool down an area quickly.
- This air cooler comes with an auto-fan mode that adjusts the fan’s speed according to the heat in the air.
- This air conditioner has a sleep mode to prevent it from making too much noise while you sleep.
- The air slides are reusable, so you can clean them and use them again.
- The best quality of this product is its self-evaporating feature. It evaporates the water automatically, so there is no water pan or anything.
Con: After one month of use, several Amazon customers claim that the air conditioner stopped functioning correctly. They had some difficulties with the air conditioning system.
6. Midea 5,000 BTU EasyCool Window Air Conditioner
It’s almost impossible not to know how good the air conditioners at Midea Companies are. Since 1968, the Media Group’s services have been tried and tested in 195 different countries. If you want a powerful, long-lasting air conditioner that cools quickly, the Midea 5000 BTU Air Conditioner is one of the best options.
Midea 5000 comes with a combined energy efficiency rating of 11.0, meaning it will cost you less energy and be a money-saving product. This super air conditioner’s best feature is its seven cooling modes.
If you find installing air conditioners challenging, this might be a perfect option as it doesn’t need a lot of equipment. Only a 23″/ 36″ window frame is required to place the air conditioner.
- Cooling capacity: 150 square feet
- Size: 15.35″D x 15.98″W x 12.05″H
- Weight: 38.9 pounds
- Noise level: 57 dB
- Power consumption: 110 volts
- This air conditioner can cool down an area of 150 square feet quickly.
- It has a seven-temperature setting technology that makes controlling the air conditioner’s cooling system easier.
- The Midea air conditioner features CEER technology, which saves energy.
- This company claims the air conditioner is quieter than your average refrigerator. That means it doesn’t produce noisy sounds.
- You will get a 1-year body part and manufacturing warranty on this product.
- The filters are reusable, so you can clean them and reuse them if they become full of dirt.
7. Evapolar’s evaCHILL Portable Conditioner
The Evapolar EvaCHIL Portable Conditioner is the world’s smallest party tent air conditioner. Only weighing around 2.85 pounds, EvapChill is one of the smallest air conditioners on the market, yet its cooling capacity can efficiently cool down an area of 26 square feet.
This portable air conditioner can be ideal for you if you do not carry extra load while traveling or camping outside. People looking for a cheap tent air conditioner can go for this product.
This is a good choice for campers who go out often. The company says that the inside of the cooler is made of rock, which is both safe and long-lasting. It’s easy to take with you and charge and has natural air.
- Cooling capacity: 26 sq. ft.
- Size: 6.5″ D x 6.5″W x 6.5″H
- Weight: 1.7 pounds
- Noise level: 25 dB
- Power consumption: 5 volts
- It comes with a 3-in-1 cooling system that allows you to adjust the temperature per your needs.
- Basalt has been used to make the product’s inner parts long-lasting and durable.
- You will get a funnel to refill the water quickly.
- To carry this mini air conditioner, you will get a comfortable handle.
- It only consumes 5 volts to run.
- Only 25 dB of noise comes out when it runs. It means you can barely hear the sound when you’re sleeping.
- You will get a 1-year warranty for this product without fear.
- It comes with a USB connector, which makes it easy to use in any space.
- This is a battery-powered Air Conditioner, so you can take it anywhere with you, whether camping or reading in your room.
8. LG 6,000 BTU (DOE) or 8,000 BTU (ASHRAE) Portable Air Conditioner
LG’slegacy is unparalleled. Whenever we hear “Life’sGood,” we think about LG’s products. They are well-made, well-designed, user-friendly, and long-lasting.
We’ve already discussed durability, so if you’re the type who frequently carries their rucksack and tent on their shoulders and starts camping when they find a spot in nature, you’ll need this air conditioner.
An area of up to 250 square feet can be made more comfortable with the help of an air conditioner like the LG 6000. It comes with a total of two fans and cooling units.
This air conditioner comes with a 24-hour timer, an added convenience. The one-year warranty that is included with the LG 6000 BTU should put your concerns about the product’s quality to rest.
- Cooling capacity: 250 sq. ft.
- Size: 13.27″D x 17.32″W x 27.36″H
- Weight: 54.2 pounds
- Power consumption: 7.5 watts
- This air conditioner can cool an area of 250 square feet.
- It has two cooling fans to cool down the area.
- An auto swing facility comes with this portable air conditioner that allows the air to move evenly.
- A 3-in-1 option is also there in this air conditioner.
- This cooler uses only 7.5 watts, saving both energy and money.
- The fan mode inside the air conditioner is there for rainy and damp days.
- It requires minimal installation effort, allowing you to cool down quickly on a hot summer day.
9. Hessaire MC37M Evaporative Cooler, 3,100 CFM, Gray
The MC37M from Hessaire is a high-quality air conditioner that is competitively priced and ranks among the best available.
Hessaire MC37M Evaporative Cooler is a great choice if you’re looking for a product that you can use at home as well as during a camping trip too. You should consider this option if you enjoy going camping regularly.
It is not a typical air conditioner at all. It is more of an evaporative cooling fan, which can instantly cool down the temperature inside the tent. It is designed to immediately pull out the hot and dry air from its surroundings.
- Cooling capacity: 750 square feet
- Size: 38x16x24 inches
- Weight: 39 pounds
- Power consumption: 115 volts
- This air-conditioning fan only consumes a little energy. The company claims it can run on 50% less energy than a regular air conditioner.
- In this product, you will get a 10.3-gallon water tank that will work efficiently for 3–4 hours, so you don’t have to refill it again and again.
- The total weight of this product is around 39 pounds, which is easy to carry around if you’re tailgating, having a cookout, or camping.
- You will get an attached cup holder with this air conditioner, allowing you to keep drinks in glasses.
- It comes with wheels on the bottom of it. These wheels make it easier to carry or drag from one corner to another.
- This evaporative cooling fan can cool down an area of around 700 square feet for the next 4 hours once fully refilled.
Cons: When you set this evaporative air cooler at its maximum speed, it will start making a loud noise.
10. RecPro 15K Non-Ducted RV Air Conditioner
Is the noise from your aging air conditioner keeping you up at night? And you don’t want to bring it on the subsequent journey? We have some fantastic news to share with you.
One of the most effective and efficient air conditioners available today is the RecPro RV Air Conditioner. There is hardly any noise emanating from the air conditioner despite its weight of approximately 80.3 pounds.
This brand claims that this product consumes less energy than other air conditioners. With its sleek and beautiful look, it features a remote control facility that will allow you to change the temperature without leaving you on a hot couch.
If your budget is limited, but you still want an air conditioner for your next camping trip, this product can help. This is one of the best budget tent air conditioners available in the market.
- Cooling capacity: 835 square feet
- Size: 25.5″D x 39.5″W x 13.5″H
- Weight: 80.3 pounds
- Power consumption: 115 volts
- The weight is minimal compared to others, which makes it one of the best tent air conditioners for those who camp daily.
- The bare minimum of sounds come from this gadget when it is on.
- The amps are way lower than the average air conditioner, which saves energy.
- This is one of the cheapest air conditioners on the market.
- The remote control for the AC unit is easily accessible while enjoying a movie.
- RecPro is a Rooftop Air conditioner that you can hang on the ceiling easily.
11. Tripp Lite Portable Air Conditioner for Server Racks and Spot Cooling
Travelers like us who go camping regularly require a portable tent air cooler that can be rolled from one corner to another and is reasonably priced. Tripp Lite Portable Air Conditioner is an ideal option for us. This air conditioner’s massive 12000 BTU system can instantly cool down an area of 500 square feet.
To set up an air conditioner, you might get sweaty, or you may need to consult experts, but wait, when you’re on vacation or camping, whom do you call in that remote area? It just needs three steps to be followed, and you’ll be able to install this air conditioner by yourselves.
Tripp Lite also has the option to “unattended operation,” which means that if there is any power failure, it will automatically restart on its own.
- Cooling capacity: 500 square feet
- Size: 12.6″D x 19.69″W x 32.68″H
- Weight: 73.9 pounds
- Noise level: 57 dB
- Power consumption: 120 volts
- It can cool down a 500-square-foot area easily.
- It comes with an automatic restart option in the event of a power outage
- Its weight is around 73.9 pounds, which is easily carryable.
- The SRCOOLNET system will allow you to control the AC remotely.
- It has wheels, allowing you to move the AC unit anywhere.
- You will get four variants of the AC. According to your needs, you can choose.
12. Vremi 10,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner
Vremi is one of the best portable air conditioners available. Its sleek design attracts the most buyers. We suggest you buy this product if you seek a portable air conditioner for your tent.
We don’t need substantial air conditioners when we go camping. Vremi 10000 BTU is a portable air conditioner that doesn’t consume a lot of space.
If you need to remember to turn off your air conditioner regularly, using a timer can help. A 24-hour timer is included in the Vremi 10000 Air Conditioner, allowing you to program the air conditioner.
- Cooling capacity: 250 square feet
- Size: 12.6 x 16.5 x 27.5 inches
- Weight: 52.8 pounds
- Noise level: 51 dB
- Power consumption: 115 volts
- The Vremi 10000 air conditioner can quickly cool down an area of 250 square feet.
- You will have a remote control option with this product.
- The Vremi comes with multifunctional modes.
- The swing mode will give you a natural breeze, making you feel like you’re in nature.
- Built-in rolling wheels are great when you take them to a camping area.
- The attached 5.6″ hose will quickly evacuate the hot air from your tent area.
- A built-in storage area for the remote is also there, so you will remember where you have kept it.
- The remote can work from a distance of 23 feet, which is fantastic.
- The LED screen will show the temperature so you can set the air conditioner as per your preferences.
Cons: There have been reports from a few customers that this air conditioner needs to be fixed. After one month of use, it indicates that the air conditioning system begins to increase the temperature.
If you frequently go camping with your family during the warm summer, you need to invest in a tent air conditioner. We recommend purchasing a portable tent air conditioner, so you do not feel irritated while sweating.
Tent air conditioners like the ones described above are an excellent choice for you if you want to enhance the quality of your camping trip and make it more enjoyable overall.
They are portable and can also be powered by a car’s battery. Therefore, there is no need to wait any longer; get one, and have fun on your summer camping trip.
- 13 Best Umbrella Strollers For Traveling With Baby
- 12 Best Camping Griddles with Buying Guide
- Best Inflatable Tents for Camping
FAQ: Best Tent Air Conditioner
1. Do air conditioners work in tents?
A: Yes! Some air conditioners are explicitly designed for camping and include many different functions that can bring the temperature down inside a tent.
2. How do I keep my tent cool with the AC on?
A: Do not open the tent’s entrance. Even try closing the window. If you don’t let outside air into the tent, the AC will quickly cool down.
3. Is it Difficult to Install an Air Conditioner in a Tent?
A: No! You can install the AC without any hindrance. You will find a window on the tent wall. All you need to do is to set the AC on that part of the tent and tie the extended part of the window with a rope.
4. What Are the Best Air Conditioners for Tent Camping?
A: The window air conditioner is the best one for camping. This type of AC will cool down a tent’s capacity of 6 to 8 people.
5. Can we Air condition a tent?
A: Yes. We can make a tent air-conditioned. All we need to do is install a tent air conditioner and close the entrance for a few minutes.