Hi Travel Buff! So, here is another post from my Travel Hack series. Have you ever wondered how other travel buffs book cheap hotels online without burning a hole in their pocket? Crazy….!!! Right? Like many other backpackers, if you are also searching for the practical answer to this question – ‘How to book CHEAP Hotels‘ then you have landed to the right post.
The main challenge for people like me who are always ready with their backpacks is to save money as much as possible while traveling. And when it is a matter of savings, the budget travelers give priority on the three most important factors:
PIN IT FOR LATER…
This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy something through one of those links, you won’t pay any extra penny, but I’ll get a small commission that encourages me to deliver more helpful content for you.
Today I am going to share with you how to find cheap hotels that are comfortable as well as secured. In the end, you will get some useful hotel booking tips and tricks which will help you to get the best hotel deals for your upcoming vacations.
It is now the world’s largest and top leading and cheap hotel booking site which is famous in 227 countries for its amazing hotel deals with the cheapest price and other cool features. The website itself gets about 1.5 million bookings a day and is available in over 40 languages all over the world. If you travel with your parents or partner then without any hesitation go for booking.com to book cheap accommodation.
- It is convenient and easy to use both through the website and booking.com mobile app.
- You can search for hotels, hostels, apartments, guest houses, resorts and many more within your budget and it will give you the best result that matches exactly for you.
- Credit card or Debit card is not mandatory for maximum hotel booking. You can reserve your hotels at any time and pay at the time of check-in.
- One of the best features is ‘Free Cancellation’ in booking.com which is provided by most of their partners. You can cancel your booking any time before 48 hours.
Agoda is one of the best hotel booking sites with over 2 million properties worldwide. Though Agoda is Asia specific online hotel booking site, it offers the lowest price available all around the world.
- Agoda is one of the biggest and trusted hotel booking websites right now.
- The best part of Agoda is it guarantees the lowest price available else refund the difference. Really amazing..!
- Users can collect PointsMAX while booking through Agoda.com which can be redeemed from other 50 travel websites partnered with Agoda.
- Users get 24*7 support by direct phone call, online chat or fast email replies.
- Free cancelation is available for selected hotels.
Get your Best Hotel Deals below:
It is a unique online marketplace where people can rent their extra room to the traveler who wants accommodation at a cheap price. It is mostly famous among solo travelers, backpackers and budget travelers as it generally offers the cheapest price compared to hotels. Undoubtedly it is one of the cheapest hotel booking sites online.
- From single room to luxury room to yacht or houseboat you can book anything as per your choice from Airbnb which offers more pristine experience than a hotel.
- As the price is decided by hosts so Airbnb price always remains reasonable. Even you can directly contact the host if he/she can offer any Airbnb discount.
- The best part that I like about Airbnb is its location. It can be anywhere where you cannot even expect any hotel. So it would be a great experience to share a day with the locals and be close to nature being free from urban chaos.
Hostelworld is the world’s largest hostel booking site that offers the cheapest hostel deals. It has around 36000 properties in 170 countries in the entire world. Being a budget backpacker it is my favorite accommodation booking site among all. I will highly recommend HostelWorld if you are a solo traveler or a budget traveler like me. Nowadays HostelWorld is becoming popular among those who are open-minded and want to meet new people.
- Easy to use the app(one of my favorite Travel Apps) and can easily book cheap hostels at any part of the world(170 countries)
- You can find the cheapest hostel here. If you find a cheaper price for the same hostel on any other website, you can claim the difference from their site as per their saying. Countries like Switzerland where you won’t find cheap hotels, HostelWorld is a God gift there for the backpackers.
- Free Breakfast and Free WiFi are offered from most of the hostels.
- Free kitchen access by sharing which saves your budget for food.
- No Cancellation charge before 24-72 hours(vary from hostel to hostel)
This US-based travel giant is another fast-growing online hotel booking site that is more or less the same as booking.com but booking.com is Europe based aggregator so it will be best to search in both of these websites and pick up the best hotel deal as per your traveling destination.
Besides these, Expedia has a Rewards program for their loyal customers. You can use this to lower your cost if you are a frequent user in Expedia.
These Four cheap hotel booking websites are the best way to book cheap hotels or hostels globally even if you travel in any offbeat places, however, there are some other cheap hotel booking sites mentioned below which you can compare if you have enough time.
Book Cheap Hotels in India:
When you are traveling in India then you can opt for Booking.com, OYO Rooms, MakeMyTrip, Yatra, Cleartrip as they are the most popular hotel booking sites in India for their huge network and great service in the entire country.
10 Tips on How to Book Cheap Hotels:
- Be Flexible: It will be easy to find cheap hotels online if you are flexible with time. Try to book hotels on weekdays when people are not there. Generally, people used to travel on the weekend with an extra day, Friday or Monday which makes the hotel price costly. So book your hotel on weekdays like Tuesday or Wednesday when the price remains comparatively cheaper.
- Book Advance: Plan early and book your hotels early to get it at the lowest price. 3-4 months in advance would be a good time to book your hotel as the price tends to be costlier in most of the hotels in last month.
- Avoid peak season & public holidays: These are the time when most of the people travel and the hoteliers charge double price. Try to avoid going on these times but if you have no way out, in that case, 4-6 months advance booking can save your accommodation budget.
- Hotel Promotions: Some times hotels give an offer like “Stay four nights, Get the fifth night Free”. Book the hotel immediately whenever you find this kind of hotel deals as this kind of hotel discounts stay for a limited time but make sure if the rate is actually cheaper and not increased to normalize the total cost. Travelzoo is an excellent hotel booking site to find this kind of last-minute hotel deals.
- Use Multiple Search Engines: Compare the price in all the top hotel booking search engines which I have already mentioned and then book as per the best result. I have noticed in maximum case booking (traveling with parents or partner) and hostelworld (for solo travelers) offer the cheapest hotels and hostels.
- Use Credit Card Efficiently: Many credit cards offer a flat discount or bonus discount for spending a certain amount of money with a time period. I will suggest two credit cards to book cheap hotels that offer good hotel perks are the American Express Platinum Card and the Citi Prestige Card.
- Last Minute Hotel Deals: It is certain that some hotel rooms remain unbooked and on the day they offer a significant discount but you have to be flexible to grab this offer because it is uncertain to get a deal at your exact destination. Two best websites where you can book cheap hotels at the last minute: www.hoteltonight.com and www.lastminute.com.
- Sign up to the Hotel or Booking Website: Some hotels booking websites give fare sale or membership discounts to attract their customers through emails. Don’t hesitate to sign up to their website(yes, there is a chance to get flooded with spams, so you have to compromise)
- Cashback: Some credit, debit cards, and e-wallets offer a decent cashback for first-time users. In India, Amazon pay, Paytm are two popular e-wallets that provide huge cashback on hotel booking.
- Offline Booking: Don’t rely only on online hotel booking. Some hotels which are not tied up with any booking website may offer cheap hotel deals. Call or email directly to these hotels and ask if they have any offer for booking.
I hope this guide on ‘where to book cheap hotels online’ will help you to find the cheapest hotel for your upcoming budget trip.
If you think this post is helpful kindly share it with your friends on social media and if you have any other amazing hotel booking tips feel free to write on the comment box below.
Is it Helpful? Save it for later…